OP-1 only mono in the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8?

Hello!

I just got a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 and tried to record my OP-1 today (with a stereo cable - headphone out to one Scarlett input) in Ableton Live 9.

However, I can only get a mono signal: it´s either fully Mono when I select the channel (4, in this case) or only right when I chose stereo (3/4 setting). Tried changing cables without a better result. The same thing is happening when I tried with the Analog Rytm (stereo cable, two outputs to one input of the audio interface). I already checked the “stereo” option on the Scarlett software, the driver is updated, restarted the computer, etc - nothing works.

As I know that some people here uses the Scarlett 18i8, I think that maybe someone can help me :slight_smile: What I´m doing wrong? Or the analog inputs of the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 are only mono? In this case what the stereo option do? Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Most audio interfaces are mono inputs. You will need to use two if you want both channels

Yep - to jack my OP-1 into my (similar) Presonus audio interface, I bought this…

http://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_cfy_15_wpp_snow.htm

CB

1/8" stereo out from OP-1 —> dual mono 1/4" in to (2) Focusrite ins. Only way.

Hello! Thanks a lot for the help, guys!

I´ll visit tomorrow the guy that make our cables and ask for stereo cables with 2 inputs for the Focusrite. :slight_smile:

Hello! Thanks a lot for the help, guys!

I´ll visit tomorrow the guy that make our cables and ask for stereo cables with 2 inputs for the Focusrite. :)

2 MONO inputs!

@Unflattered, thanks, not stereo but MONO! :slight_smile:

A last question about the mono/stereo signal routing: to use the headphones as outputs to process an stereo signal outside of the box and take it back, I still need to use two mono cables? Isn´t the headphones outputs stereo?

Yes. Just like in the last example, tho, it’s a question of the inputs on your effects device. If it has a stereo input, then u only require stereo / stereo cord.

Thanks a lot for the help, @Unflattered!

Thanks a lot for the help, @Unflattered!

I must admit I ran up against the same wall of confusion, only a short time ago. I’m no sage!!

Glad I could share the info.

Got the scarlett 18i6 and I use an Y cable as @cloudburst