OP-1 Prices (New and Second Hand)

It's a hard thing to sell for sure. I attempted to a few times but kept falling in love with it.
But did end up selling it in the end which I massively regret.

Thanks for sharing that. I’ve been wondering if I should do the same after the problems I’ve been experiencing. I think I’ll keep hold of the little superstar.

1500 Dollar in Argentine… i buy one… and i love it! I hate the taxes in my country :(.

There truly seems to be a lack of them on the market at the moment. I was lucky to pick mine up last december, barely used for $800 AUD! I missed out on one a few weeks before for $850 incl. the official case and accessory pack. Now THAT is a bargain

I’ve got to go down the secondhand route as the waiting time for a new OP-1 seem to me to faraway now, had mine on order since February and still Amazon informs me of yet another delay, their estimations mean nothing to me now and if there is yet another delay by the end of June I am cancelling and will be searching for a secondhand OP-1

I think once they are no longer produced they will go way up in price, definitely a classic iconic masterpiece of fun.

@MrZoop - Perfect Circuit claims to have it in stock (as of Jun 13) at the $849 price. I noticed it while looking at PO cases.

That is in the States, here in the UK the OP-1 at the moment there is a big waiting list.

@MrZoop - Perfect Circuit claims to have it in stock (as of Jun 13) at the $849 price. I noticed it while looking at PO cases.

Thanks, i bought from the website few minutes ago. Another 10% off the 850$ with the code WELCOME10

I live in Canada so I still pay for some shipping but it is still less expensive than eve

New to this forum, and new to these kind of things.
That is in the States, here in the UK the OP-1 at the moment there is a big waiting list.

Ah. Yeah, Perfect Circuit was one of the few places I saw that even had them. I saw you mention Amazon and assumed USA. Is there a good synth shop in UK that you know might have good relations (and thus priority of order fulfillment) with TE? Amazon can be really dodgy for devices like this that don’t have a steady supply available.

Looks like Amazon US (via Chicago Music Exchange) has them in stock at $849. Unfortunately they won’t ship to Japan, but if you’re in the US and have been looking…

I am now going down the shop route and cancelled my Amazon UK order, nothing has happen and it’s been 5 months, I reckon I could get one in two months with the right dealer, if this fails there is always the secondhand market

You can find some op1 second hand here :

http://fr.m.audiofanzine.com/synthe-numerique/teenage-engineering/OP-1/petites-annonces/

Prices are not so high if you can wait

Thank you for the link, at the moment I am still trying to track one down new, but maybe in month or so a secondhand one is probably my best bet, I have turned down four secondhand OP-1 's in the last year in favour of buying a new one but so far no success yet.

Here’s one for sale in the UK. Good luck.

CB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/161431454265349/permalink/268407826901044/?sale_post_id=268407826901044

Run…

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/teenage-engineering-op1-portable-synthesizer-sampler-sequencer/443038-01/

@whollyjordan Thanks, I hope they really do have them in stock at that price! I placed an order for the op-1 and the Decksaver cover (both shown as in stock) and they claim it will be shipped today. Total for both (incl. fedex shipping) is ~$813 US, pretty cheap. ;-]

If it actually ships then I’ll be happy to cancel my Amazon Japan order.

So I got drunk one night and purchased a used OP-1 on eBay for £450.

It had been returned due to the OS crashing. Seller simply re-uploaded and it’s been fine ever since (touch wood).

I think it is totally worth the £700 mark, but when I see prices climb any higher than this I kind of feel that sellers are being a bit mean!!

Juno shipped my order, so I should finally have an op-1 next week. Yea!

Wow, Juno had about 9 or so in stock when I posted that link, but looks like they’re all gone now.

Hope you enjoy it @imabuddha!

Crazy how hard they are to find lately…

Ugh, although I placed my order before their afternoon "same day shipping" cutoff time for FedEx, and even though the order status claims it was despatched last Friday, it was only shipped ~1 hour ago. I'm pretty miffed since I paid about 4 times as much for quick shipping.

My advice to people ordering outside the UK from Juno is to not pay extra for FedEx, especially on a Friday since it seems they aren't always reliable.

Fingers crossed that arrives without further delays or any flaws.

Update: Juno refunded the postage because of the delay, great customer service!