OP-1 Start Sync With OP-Z Inconsistent

OP-1 is master and on beat match mode. OP-Z is set to receive clock and MIDI all other settings OFF… this cable connects them: https://www.amazon.com/d/USB-Cables/Cable-Matters-Mini-USB-C-Black/B00UUBS0SS

I cannot, for the life of me, get these two machines to start at the same time. The Z’s four green lights in the tempo section are flashing constantly at the silent rate sent by the OP-1 that is unaffected by the start button (but consistent with the tempo number). In other words, even though I am pressing start, the OP-Z is synced to some other MIDI signal that is indicated by the flashing green lights and NOT by the play button.

I desperately want to use these devices together without spending ANOTHER 100 dollars on a mess of metal to reconcile this investment + to nullify their portability.

Any thoughts?

What about using a respberry pi ?

Same problem here, trying to control the OP-1 Synth with Op-Z’s sequencer, can’t get it to work in any way at all, mailed TE about 1,5 month ago but still silent.

Make Z master?

My Z arrives tomorrow, and this is one of the first things I’m going to try. I’ll be using that exact cable.

Received my Z. Tried syncing with the same cable in the original post.

Can’t get it right. Tried both Z and OP-1 as master, but mainly the OP-1 as master.

I set the Z to only receive clock in and send MIDI out.

It’s kind of a mess. I’m guessing there needs to be some bug fixing.

@jbone1313 said:
Received my Z. Tried syncing with the same cable in the original post.

Can’t get it right. Tried both Z and OP-1 as master, but mainly the OP-1 as master.

I set the Z to only receive clock in and send MIDI out.

It’s kind of a mess. I’m guessing there needs to be some bug fixing.

Dude, I want them to fix this so bad. I had a plan to start a YouTube series using the pair of them; this just totally puts a stumbling block in our way!

What an upsetting issue :confused:

@teenage_engineering Please consider and fix this issue as soon as possible. Your #1 items are #1 to us, your loyal fans, and we just want them to play nicely with each other.