OP-Z and Eurorack

I have been using the OP-Z and OPlab with my small portable eurorack system for some time now and thought I could share a little fun patch to illustrate the usability of the device in such a situation.

The heart of the patch is a self cycling envelope, similar to the famous Krell patch. The envelopes end of release trigger is send to the clock in of the Z and to a random voltage source. The output of the random voltage source is send back to the envelope generator to control the release rate.The output of one of the Z’s tracks clocked by the ADSR is send via MIDI to a MIDI-CV interface and is driving a simple analog synth voice.

This patch produces notes of varying lengths. The length is controlled by the random voltage source. The fun thing here is that one can use one of the Z’s tracks including the step components as the source of a randomized or non randomized sequence if one so desires. Basically, this saves me a quantizer.

What is really nice is that the OPlabs CV (clock in from ADSR) and MIDI (sent through MIDI-CV module to synth) are playing nicely together in this patch. Even insanely high clock rates produced by the envelope generator are not a problem so far.

Do you have any tips and tricks to share?