OP-Z and Model d query

Hi,

I am trying to control a Behringer Model D using my OP-Z and I can’t figure out what settings and connections should be. Does anyone know how I can do this please? I’m ultimately trying to create sequences on the OP-Z with the sounds from the Model D. I have an OPlab installed in my OP-Z.

Any advice would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.

Nadim

Should be straightforward.
Connect the OPZ to the Model D via a midi cable (you will need the OPlab adapter).
Make sure the OPlab is set to send midi out.
Set the Model D to the required midi chanel (e.g. 14).
You should be good to go.
The Model D will receive note data and filter cutoff via midi. You can use the OPlab CV outs to mess with the Model D lfo, pitch etc.

you could also do this over usb. no oplab necessary. usb C to usb B. or a usb hub etc. midi note data over usb and then using the oplab for modulation sounds very interesting!

Thanks so much for this. I’ve followed your guide (see photos attached) and still can’t seem to get it to work. Any idea if it’s something I’m doing wrong with the OP-Z settings? Any help massively appreciated.

could be wrong but looks like u have the MIDI Channel on the model d set to 3
according to the diagram in the manual
but the Z is set to 14.
u gotta match the MIDI channels to each other if that is indeed the case

Ah. Basic error. Now sorted. Thanks for that. So the OP-Z keyboard is now playing the model d sounds. Sorry to ask one more question. Is it possible to record some of the notes into OP-Z sequence(r) to enable it to play back?

1 Like

Scrap that. All sorted. Many thanks for your help.

1 Like