OP-Z and new OPLAB

Nobody talking about this?
Or did I miss that thread.

I guess you mean this: Module shipped
It’s buggy, at least mine is…

Not a bug here. I can get almost every mode working on mine.

There is one mode I am having trouble accessing and it is the
gate track out. It says something cryptic like…

“how to make a step output a trig pulse: hold shift, select step(s) 1-16, press jump and press value 0.”

Then I feel like I eat too much ice cream… If anyone can chime n on that it would be great.

Aside from that MIDI works great. PO trig out is fine, and all the CV works as expected.

2 Likes

That’s the “gate step” step component - The 0 key for the Jump step components. It allows you to have any trig on tracks 1-8 send a pulse.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Somehow when you said it, that makes way more sense.
Now it works…You Rock sketcherazzi!

1 Like

Also on the Facebook group and Discord I think hotscience mentioned that you can have any track send midi to the Module track, and it will go out through cv. So in the App, set any of channels 1-8 to send midi to track 14. For example, the kick track. Then you can use some step components or punch in effects on that track to go through cv!

3 Likes

Also on the Facebook group and Discord I think hotscience mentioned that you can have any track send midi to the Module track, and it will go out through cv. So in the App, set any of channels 1-8 to send midi to track 14. For example, the kick track. Then you can use some step components or punch in effects on that track to go through cv!

It works! In my case, I set the midi channel of the lead track to channel 13. The sequence including some of the step components were sent out through CV/Gate. Very nice!

1 Like

How does that work - sending to 13 would be sending to the Performance track; is that different from sending to the Midi track?

1 Like

It’s a miracle! :wink: No, seriously, the entry in my midi.json file looks like this for some odd reason:

"track_channels" : [ 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ],

So the module track and the lead track are set to 13, while bassdrum and snare share channel 1.

EDIT: Linking a track with the module track also seems to work!

1 Like

Hi, update to newest os, cant get my module to work. One (rightmost) blinks but cant get midi working. Teh IOS app says “MODULE none”. Can anyone confirm the status of a working oplab in the app? (what is the staus in the app?)

pleas, regards
Svante

My midi in and out still work. (Midi din)
The app still says app none. Just like the previous version.

thx for answers.

For those who are getting the next batches of oplab modules for their OP-Z…

My oplab was blinking a red light once on boot up, and then nothing else from the Gate port. I did a ton of things to try and fix it, but long story short, a factory reset solved all of the issues.

If you’re having problems, don’t forget to do a backup and try a factory reset.

Same here, I ha to do a factory reset to make it work.

if you go to track 13(module track) and press shift and press one of the 16 tracks for 1 second (for example the kickdrum ). it will blink and then you can select another track where it will output to. so if you then press 13 and lift your finger of the shift it will say the following on the midi.json

it will appear as track_channels" : 13, 2, 3, 4, etc

did i make it understandable? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are 3 methods to remap track number to MIDI channel number.
(Originally track number is equal to MIDI channel number)

•1 Use op-z app. MIDI settings.
•2 Go to track 14, and use shift and long press to remap.
•3 Modify .json file, in op-z file directory. (Connect op-z as disk drive to your computer)

1 Like