OP-Z App?

No kidding!!! (from a Brit who lives in the USA).

Any one know how recent your iOS device needs to be? Latest OS?

@Andrew said:
Any one know how recent your iOS device needs to be? Latest OS?

I think you need to have a device that supports Metal:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_(API)

Metal works with an iPhone 5S or later, iPad Air or iPad mini 2 (or later I presume).
@artsun - I fixed the link :slight_smile:

@ArtPunk said:
Metal works with an iPhone 5S or later, iPad Air or iPad mini 2 (or later I presume).
@artsun - I fixed the link :slight_smile:

Oh yeah I missed that, thanks!

@artsun @ArtPunk thanks folks. Looks like my phone will be ok but my iPad is probably too old.

Anyone allready downloaded the app? And from where?

When Brandon was doing his Instagram live demo, he mentioned that he could not show the app because it was still subject to change. So, I think beta testers have it but are not allowed to talk about it.

cuckoo has ver 1.01 in his vid (the end), wonderful interface and some new stuff (4 me)!

Very nice!

Oh well, now I’ve got my yellow case, and boy am I SUPER-STOKED…lets talk about the VR/Unity aspect of the OP-Z. Does anyone know what the ‘VR’ aspect will actually translate to? I’m imaginative and the idea caught my imagination…what if you could pop on a headset and make music in VR ? …with a TE designed sound-space 3D synth and sequencer environment…well, that would be pretty cool. You could compose a tune both sonically and visually, maybe even enjoy your works as a 3D space, making music kind of multi-dimensional…or am I setting my sights too high, and the VR just means Unity engine dashboards on an iPad with the odd clip of a blocky man vaguely moving in time to your syncopated rhythms.

@hiabex said:
Oh well, now I’ve got my yellow case, and boy am I SUPER-STOKED…lets talk about the VR/Unity aspect of the OP-Z. Does anyone know what the ‘VR’ aspect will actually translate to? I’m imaginative and the idea caught my imagination…what if you could pop on a headset and make music in VR ? …with a TE designed sound-space 3D synth and sequencer environment…well, that would be pretty cool. You could compose a tune both sonically and visually, maybe even enjoy your works as a 3D space, making music kind of multi-dimensional…or am I setting my sights too high, and the VR just means Unity engine dashboards on an iPad with the odd clip of a blocky man vaguely moving in time to your syncopated rhythms.

Only thing I’ve heard about the VR-aspect so far is that they chose the Unity engine because of its ”intuitive workflow and excellent VR support”. To me that sounds like there’s no VR-experience ready at launch, but the Unity integration makes it a possibility for TE or third party devs to release VR-stuff in the future.

I’m super stoked to learn more about the Unity toolkit they will be releasing. Hopefully it provides a good start for total noobs like me to look into Unity.

Well, it wouldn’t be a bad thing to don a headset and stroke the CWO, slap the LFO, jump down the echo tunnel…

Is the app going to be available on appstore?

@masamarysson said:
Is the app going to be available on appstore?

At some point…

So, here we are again. Shipping and courier confirmation emails received. No OP-Z app showing on the app store, what do you reckon, app launch on the day first units are received or 'Extra fun and functionality for your OP-Z coming soon…"?

@hiabex said:
So, here we are again. Shipping and courier confirmation emails received. No OP-Z app showing on the app store, what do you reckon, app launch on the day first units are received or 'Extra fun and functionality for your OP-Z coming soon…"?

I read somewhere that a link will be received with each unit.

Os update for OP-Z is now online

Hmm, I thought that the iOS app would just be available on the app store. I guess this will be a ‘test flight’ jobby…

@hiabex Yeah, they must be using TestFlight so far. I expected they’d release to the store as soon as they started “actual” shipments (yesterday). Perhaps there’s a last minute change they are putting through.