OP-Z App?

@Sparky said:
@hiabex Yeah, they must be using TestFlight so far. I expected they’d release to the store as soon as they started “actual” shipments (yesterday). Perhaps there’s a last minute change they are putting through.

Or early adopters are beta testers :wink:

@dsk said:

@Sparky said:
@hiabex Yeah, they must be using TestFlight so far. I expected they’d release to the store as soon as they started “actual” shipments (yesterday). Perhaps there’s a last minute change they are putting through.

We deal with the app store a fair bit here at work and usually it’s hard to schedule a release for a specific day. It gets through their approval system with a sort of “when it’s done” approach. So they may have submitted and are waiting for it to actually go live. Who knows tho…

@symph0nicb7 said:

@dsk said:

@Sparky said:

We deal with the app store a fair bit here at work and usually it’s hard to schedule a release for a specific day. It gets through their approval system with a sort of “when it’s done” approach. So they may have submitted and are waiting for it to actually go live. Who knows tho…

Thats true. But if you are ahead with dev then you can specify the release date. Anyway, we dont know and for me it doesn’t matter. First the device :wink: then app via test flight nice to have.

We are all a bit crazy here, right? It feels like a boy waiting for xmas. Knowing what he gets but needs to wait.

Did it just appear as a bin file before ios store?
https://www.teenageengineering.com/downloads

The bigger the boys, the smaller the toys! ?

The latest beta test version that came through Testflight had a note saying “release candidate”, so it’s probably just held up at Apple. This message will self-destruct.

OP-Z app is live in the App Store!

@aeonsumo said:
OP-Z app is live in the App Store!

Yep, just downloading it on the UK store right now!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/op-z/id1088232296?mt=8

@kingof9x said:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/op-z/id1088232296?mt=8

nice app, just need an op-z too hook up!

Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s (upwards) and iPad Air and iPad mini 2 (upwards).

The app doesn’t realy do anything unles the opz is connected, but good to have installed ready for when it arrives! There is a very brief user guide but it’s shortyer than the quick start guide!

Well would you look at that?

@SLiC said:
The app doesn’t realy do anything unles the opz is connected, but good to have installed ready for when it arrives! There is a very brief user guide but it’s shortyer than the quick start guide!

the camera works, and the manual is there (lol)

@symph0nicb7 said:

@dsk said:

@Sparky said:

Yeah, I’m an iOS dev myself. You can get approved, then schedule a release on a specific day if you plan ahead and don’t have last minute changes.

Ok, now how long till someone reverse engineers the app, and we can run the iOS side of the “dual domain synthesis” on its own with a 3rd party sequencer? ?

The app is in the App Store now: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/op-z/id1088232296

Wasn’t on the macos app store last time I checked. Anyone else find it?

@ludicrouSpeed said:
Wasn’t on the macos app store last time I checked. Anyone else find it?

I found it on the Australian App Store a few days ago…

its on there, i downloaded it yesterday or the day before.
just search op-z or teenage engineering maybe

when u say macos, do u mean your computer? b/c i dont think it would be on there its for phone/tablet only right?