OP-Z backplate a bit loose

I would have preferred an aluminium housing like the OP-1 but I would imagine this would add at least an extra 100 to the price - although this would have allowed for proper metal screws like those on a MacBook

The OpZ is in a class of its own it’s like if a OP1 and a Digitakt has a baby and gave it steriods. I have a loose back plate. I also have made more music and has More fun doing it with the Z than I have in the past few years. It a wonder. So much power but so intuitive. All in a tiny package without a screen.

Also loose backplate here, haven’t had time to worry about it, too much fun making tunes. Haven’t even tried tightening the inner screws because it would mean turning the z off!

@sketcherazzi lol same exact situation here

@daim2k said:
Indeed. Doesn’t feel like 600€ quality if the back is rattling. At least it could be easily fixed by sending over some proper screws.

+1

I only notice the back if I purposely try to wiggle it around. Holding it and jamming I don’t notice, put it on a surface and press buttons and I don’t notice. I peeled out the phone holder, but don’t really use it so the plastic pieces jiggle around. that bugs me more than the back, and I did that to the synth myself.

I suspect tiny amount of space is to allow for modules that might be a tiny bit out of spec. I think I remember them saying they wanted people to be able to build their own modules… We will see if that ever happens.

^ Tobias said “In the future we will add the possibility to get your own custom module, whether it is ins or outs, triggs or gates, CV/MIDI stuff…”, so not the same as building your own modules.

…they should just release the pinout inside OP-Z. someone?

its not just the pinout.
most likely a DIY module is gunna need to customize the code
in order for it to be able to do whatever it is its supposed to do.