OP-Z Battle 001

Yes! Already asked above. Mute groups are cool.

1 Like

@Mistercharlie :grin:

Hereā€™s my entry. All in one pattern, just using mutegroups to switch stuff up.
3 Likes

The section at 44 seconds is super cool. How do you do that with one Pattern? Using the transpose track? PS. Ive never played on opz

deleted

Thanks! I used a mute group to bring down the drums/percussion. You could also use the ā€œduckā€ feature in the Performance Track to achieve a similar result. You can transpose chords in the master track OR on the chord itself by or by holding down the ā€œtonalityā€ step component button.

1 Like

Hereā€™s one:

4 Likes

Double checking because this one has too many rules: is it ok to tweak the initial settings of the accepted presets or do we need to use them as-is? Asking because Iā€™ve managed to make the best sub-bass from the saw bass.

Tweak away. You just need to use the plug in slot one. And feel free to dshare that preset!

Here it is:

Technically my first ā€œreleaseā€ using the OP-Z :boom:

EDIT: Uploaded a new version! I wasnā€™t happy with the original outcome.

4 Likes

Wow, really nice use of a single pattern. I like how it develops. Did you use lots of mute groups?

Yes, Iā€™m using 6 of them - super handy feature! I actually didnā€™t know about mute groups before reading the posts here.

A bit of a tangent: Iā€™ve always been an MPC person, but the TE/Elektron way of doing things with steps and parameter locks is looking more interesting to me these days. I might replace it with an Octatrack or Digitakt (I havenā€™t decided yet).

Giving this a try. No use of the master track, just messing with the sparks to get variety and depth into the progression. Canā€™t wait to really learn this thing https://soundcloud.com/richfrankel/op-z-1

I think thereā€™s definitely room for both. This is much more like programming music, amazing and forces you to think in a different way. Itā€™s just less linear.

I made this on a flight back from rome. the distortion effect of the OP-Z has some serious punk vibe and is glueing bass and kick nicely together. The Single Pattern was copied to the 16 slots, each using a different mute group.

6 Likes

Hereā€™s my ā€œfirst week of ownershipā€ effort.

CB

1 Like

Hereā€™s mine! I had a ton of fun with this. :new_moon_with_face:

https://soundcloud.com/pyrrhic-music/project-3

3 Likes

LOVE the use of distortion here awesome work! :smiley:

1 Like

This is BEGGING for vocals, I love it!

1 Like

So chill

1 Like