OP-Z iOS App Updated with Support for Upcoming Firmware?

New synth engines? Hopefully something big?

2 Likes

I hope for new engines (perhaps other master effects than chorus, or even a op1 style drum synth)… but i fear that it is more updates on the video/visuals side of things. Hope i’m wrong though

I also hope for new synth engines - the OP-Z needs more mean / darker sounds. current engines sound more like a plastic keyboard for kids…

3 Likes

The ability to drop samples onto the OP-Z through the app would be amazing, but I’m not holding my breathe. It’s such a pain to get synth samples on there, but it would do a lot to increase the sonic pallete.

4 Likes

I agree, though the new analog engine, and the improved reverb were a step in the right direction. More diverse and classic sounding engines/effects would really make the device live up to its potential

4 Likes

Multitouch in the app to control multiple mixer sliders at once.

1 Like

Op-z news tommorow midnight operations, ep 16 - #10YOP1 winners, OP-Z news + more - YouTube

7 Likes

OP-Z Firmware 1.2.38 !!

1 Like

That’s a big number jump! Last time we had such a big jump was when they introduced sampling mode…

I’m hoping for something big :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

The livestream is on now. They’re talking about the update later.

I just watched the section about the new features. It’s just optimising the I/O page to make it simpler to use modules and choice of input + allowing the use of fx/lfo/level/filters in the audio input.

Cool stuff, but I really want new synth engines

1 Like

wait.

What a let down… I’m hoping they are getting the module track audio easy to use because a audio module is coming soon… Hopefully we’ll expand on sampling and have better control…

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the new update to come. Really curious about the input through usb!

It already does input through USB. You can monitor, or mix. It uses Screen+3 or Screen+0 buttons

3 Likes

How long?!

Didn’t know that! Cool!

1 Like

Would really like an audio input module in the future with these new mixing changes. Usb is ok but limiting when it comes to working with external gear

1 Like

i think it difficult to add of change many features with a firmware update, because it has to work with previously saved projects. so if you decide to put back your project from 2020, it may sound totally different or even glitch.

Unless they forked the firmware and let users decide which one to use based on features. Different firmwares for different use cases.

Can’t think of an example of that so probably a terrible idea…