OP-Z iOS App Updated with Support for Upcoming Firmware?

I’ve installed it, and it’s exactly the same as they demoed yesterday. No other new surprises that I can find yet.

1 Like

maybe there’s now a dedicated OP-1 mode which waits for the OP1 to be updated. :white_heart:

I want a way to get more synth engines… a synth engine online store accessible through the app would be awesome :grimacing:

3 Likes

• input signal improvements:
  • controlled via i/o track (hold shift to select source)
  • supports filter, lfo, pan and volume
  • auto on for usb & module
  • allow multiple input sources active
  • input monitoring on all input signals, not just usb

read more here.

• move midi settings to SCREEN + TEMPO

• minor sampler mode ui changes read more here

• fix corrupt sample pack folder name on iPad

• send pitch bend on correct midi channel when remapped

• allow sending cc from knobs on muted track

• allow send level editing from fx track read more here

• increase pan lfo range

• backlight now on steps 1, 5, 9, 13

• make audio mute work on all tracks

• fix pop at start when playing instruments with full fx send

• fix rare bug that could cause random parameter changes

• fix rare bug the caused the unit to restart automatically

• fix rare hang requiring restart of unit

• cpu optimizations

So do I have to watch the replay of the stream to know how this works? Anything added to the manual?

so the midi settings are now where FX toggle for microphone used to be and where midi settings used to be are now toggles for different inputs.

but now i don’t understand how to toggle fx on and off
“use shift to access different parameters”
im confused :man_shrugging:

…(screen-tempo-shift-first’knob)= does something new

… alternative to that combo itso also possible to:
hold (screen), while holding (screen), press (tempo) 3times. than you can release (screen) and press shift and (first’knob).

(oh i got it now. if you want to toggle fx for the microphone its the same shortcut (screen-tempo) but your op-z had to be in vertical position. if op-z is not in vertical position (screen-tempo)will do MiDi settings)

“allow send lvl editing from fx track read more here”
where is “here” , no link

this is a nice touch though:

there are white dots at the bar. easy to see where you place your notes.

built-in microphone, when enabled, doesn’t give a feedback loop noise anymore ! but now it doesn’t show volume lvl when you speak into op-z.

i think this is too early and they are stull updating the manual

app interface shows now what module you have
thats nice👍 it also shows in what configuration switches are on the module. very good attention to detail

. i dont have rumble with me, but it will probably show rumble as well.

extra raw of controls added to track 14

mixer interface has now extra track to mix !

when connected via bluetooth and and using op-z app. when app crushes (or closes) on the background., op-z disconnects bluetooth as well :confused:

6 Likes

This one is nice…and wasn’t covered in yesterdays video…

• allow sending cc from knobs on muted track
    :grinning:

I think this is what the « allow send lvl editing from fx track read more here » broken link points to:

the CPU performance update is again the most intense.

the delay lines have such a depth it almost sounds like a new engine and the reverb is stunningly textured. the Synth engines and filters are more HI-FI then ever.

cor(j)ona('s) time @tngjonas

3 Likes

Anyone else finding that pressing the screen button and rotating the red encoder doesn’t work anymore? I have to press the screen button on the app in order to change to configurator, devices, motion etc.

Me too, lost that function

I wish there would be an A/B audio comparison. I can hardly believe the CPU improvements make that big of a difference, do they really?

it’s my guess.

all software or digital synths can be a bit more hi-def or textured when having more resources to deal with.

Jonas often mentioned that the previous OS versions are really not that CPU hungry and that maybe lead to a more thin sounding OpZ in the past, imagine that if the reverb has more CPU it can be more precise and less dumped etc.

the Engines and or filters can Work with a higher resolution and they‘ve more room to work with overall.

it’s a big plus

1 Like

@Pepe @mschurenko they updated the opz app yesterday to bring back the function.

Wow, the bug fix was fast! They improved with that update the z a lot. The input-/module track page is awesome. I personally wish abquick and easy way to copy a channel to another one. Pretty standard but still missing on the z. For sonic diversity I would love to see changeable filters and instruments. My compositions became a bit sonicly repetitive, would love to bring flavors!

2 Likes

I recorded before and after and can’t tell any difference, but it might be the wrong type of track to be honest, maybe something more ambient might reveal some gains:

Can anyone clarify how the new I/O track changes the tape track live input? Before the 1.2.39 update in tape track I could press screen+1 and have the mic continually feed in to the track with effects on and play with the buffer. It doesn’t seem to work for me since I upgraded, but maybe I’m doing something wrong? Thanks.

Works for me. Now you have to press Shift+1, 2, or 3 to select the input.

2 Likes

Hmmm that doesn’t work for me since updating.

Shift only lets me target which tracks are sent to the tape track, number buttons do nothing…

Shift+number in the component track is where you choose inputs now.

2 Likes

Ahhh I get it now, you set the input in I/O and that also goes through to the tape track. That makes a lot of sense actually.

Didn’t play with it for long so not sure how the input effects and tape effects interact but it will be fun to explore.

Thanks so much for clarifying @Mistercharlie

I do hope I can still sequence external gear from track 14, got quite a few songs relying on that!

2 Likes