OP-Z: is it possible to detune?

I’m wondering if it’s possible to detune on the OP-Z. I’m using the OP-Z with its factory settings. I’ve not done any menu diving with the app to change the synth engines. So, I never know what synth engine I’m actually using on any particular synth track; which means I never know what Param 1 and Param 2 are doing for the bass, lead, and chord synth sounds.

I’m wondering if Param 1 and Param 2 allow you to adjust pitch. Or is there any other way to detune?

2 Likes

Man this is a great question. I’m keeping my eyes on this one for the answer. I haven’t needed to do it yet but I know it’ll come up one day.

1 Like

As far as I know other than the pitch bend button, there isn’t. Something I’d really like them to add.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s the pitch bend button, but I’m looking at more like being able to just set the pitch of a synth down a few cents or even an entire semitone. What I’d like to do is use the same synth engine on two different synths, make the parameters identical, but offset their pitches. Detune 'em.

From the looks of it, only one synth engine lets you adjust pitch. I wish every single synth engine’s pitch could be adjusted.

1 Like

I have not tried it but the first parameter of shadow synth engine is called detune.

1 Like

I have been trying to use different iOS MIDI apps to modulate pitch but so far I need to use a combination of apps to send pitch bend data over Bluetooth MIDI (especially if I want a decent LFO involved) which is a shame.

1 Like