OP-Z motion export

I Know (or hope) its possible to export a music video file from the opz app containing the video sequence and the music. can anyone shed some light on how exactly to do it?

I haven’t tried Motion yet but from my experiments with Photomatic I couldn’t find any way to export on the OP-Z itself and it looks like an external recording device is required. The easiest output option was screen capture on the iOS device. In Photomatic this left the black bar at the bottom and the frame counter visible. The manual notes that the images will be output on a lightning to HDMI cable which would allow for video capture in a PC or other recorder.

Motion and Photomatic both currently look like great fun but they’re tricky to find an easy workflow to experiment with.

I used Quicktime screen recording on my iPad while playing the “motion” part of the app and then synced the video manually afterward.

1 Like

@jjbbllkk said:
I used Quicktime screen recording on my iPad while playing the “motion” part of the app and then synced the video manually afterward.

thanks! hopefully with a future update we’ll be able to export directly.

@jjbbllkk what quicktime app are u using to do this?

I found a way to record Opz Photomatic and Motion with sound on iOS devices. I use GarageBand to Monitor the Opz via usb on a stereo Instrument Track. GarageBand has to be set to background use. On the Opz the usb Input has to be turned off on the module track. Now you can record your Photomatic or Motion video with ios screen recording and the sound is recorded too. GarageBand has to stay open in the backround. Hope this helps someone. I find it a lot easier because no syncing has to be done ( Sorry my english is not that good and my spelling correction is set to german) ( Opz has to be connected via usb and the camera connection kit to the iOS device)

7 Likes