OP-Z-only workflow for sampling OP-Z output and importing it back into OP-Z on a drum or synth track?

Is it possible to have a OP-Z-only workflow for sampling OP-Z output and importing it back into OP-Z on a drum or synth track?

What I would like to do as screenless as possible is this:

I have one trig/event/note on a drum track with filters etc.
I routed this track to one of the FX tracks.
I lowered the volume of the drum track to hear more of the fx than the original sound itself.

After working with it for a couple of hours, I like the result so far. It’s getting somewhere.

But I’d like to gain the track volume much more than possible. I’d like to pitch it down perhaps. I’d like to add new effects to it. (Etc. etc.)

Any suggestions making this a simple and as screenless a procedure as possible is greatly appreciated.

The opz does not resample and was not meant for this… You will find it very hard to do… Just record it to something else and sample that.

Hi Kja - thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

What could be your suggestion for a possible workflow, bringing the edited sound back into the OP-Z?

I have:
an iPhone
MPC 1000
Macbook Air with no soundcard.

You need to sample into opz… so you need a cord that can go from mpc or computer to usb type-c of opz. If you use the cord opz comes with you should beable to plug from your Mac to the opz. Then it’s just a matter of learning how to sample in the opz to record the sound into the opz.
It you can just do it the ghetto way and record from the mic built into the opz from the speakers on computer… but it won’t sound as good unless you want a lo-fi kinda sound.

I have had much success with AudioShare on my iPhone. I was able to sample from the OP-Z and then back to it. If you want the Sp-404 treatment, you could run a sample through Koala Sampler and the sample it back into the Z. I really like this workflow. All done from my couch.