OP-Z / oplab module issue after latest firmware update

I had exactly the same issue (bugs with gates and unable to update: " module upgraded started - no module inserted - upgrade failed"). Factory resets and other stuff wasn’t help.

I think I found the solution. I have a bit curved op-z shape and it was probably happening because module is not attached very tightly.
I put a piece of paper between oplab module and device cover, so that the module was pressed very tightly to the connectors (despite the fact that the cover now bends outward a lot).
And surprisingly it started working perfectly fine.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous that people have to come up with solutions like this to get a $600 product to work correctly. I had an op-z with oplab and never had this problem but, the body was curved! I ended up selling it but then started to miss some of its functionality so was considering getting another one. Then I stumbled upon this topic. I’m starting to think maybe I should not. If it was just less expensive this wouldn’t be such a difficult decision. Decisions decisions…

2 Likes

Well i haven’t heard many qc complaints for a while now… It seems they have really stepped up on that.

Hey, that’s great!

Tried to get cv/gate out of mine for the first time today. Absolutely flat fuck all. maan.

I had the same issue before the update. I always thought It was an user error.

I think you ask too much from op-z. It has DMX, CV/GATE, Polyphonic synth track and sample tracks, sequence system, LED UI, live fx, bluetooth midi and more… No its not always perfect, but its enough of a compromise to have a full musical laboratory in your pocket. 600 is quite cheep for all the stuff you get.

OK I sorted it by turning midi on (the cv track?! wut) and jamming a bit of paper up it
wooo
what even is life

1 Like

its called quality control. Would you expect a car that does this and that and this and that but don’t worry about the dent in the side as its gonna be permanent? Look at all the great fixes TE made on the latest models of the PO400. Good for them, shite for the original owners though.

1 Like