op-z randomly shuts OFF

I have the opz for two weeks now. Even after an update to the latest firmware AND multiple factory resets it keeps shutting OFF at random intervals, even directly after a factory reset. I had this happen more than 30 times over a period of two weeks. At first it seemed to happen only when battery got below 25%. But now it also happens above.

A possible related issue is that the battery not always fully charges. Even after a night charging.

Contacted support. But they suggested a factory reset. Nothing more.

Cheers,
Martin

I had the same problem with mine randomly switching off and support weren’t very helpful at all (they asked me a few questions then just vanished!). Mine also had similarly strange battery charge issues. It wouldn’t fully charge and would show charge levels that didn’t make sense, like it somehow having more juice after being used, or fully charging after just a few seconds plugged in (actually it’s rather reminiscent of my OP-1 in that regard). Someone on here suggested I take the battery out for 30 seconds, then put it back in to reset something (not sure what), so I did that. And I also swapped the power supply I was using. I was using an Anker one and it would never charge to the top, but when I used my Apple one (from my ipad) it would fully charge - I have no idea what the difference between the two was but one worked and one didn’t properly.

Anyway, since taking the battery out and changing the charger it seems to be behaving itself. I’m not sure which of those two things fixed it, or if either did since I also updated the Firmware at the same time and my issue may have been fixed by that, but it’s worth giving them a try.

Good luck and I hope you get it working properly.

@michaeljrocks ah! some hope! Will try both, apart from each other to see if I can catch the “cause”.

PS: what kind of support does TE have when they know other users had the same issue and they don’t share that info. Also, they didn’t ask for specific patterns, or behaviour on my side to nail it down.

removed the battery yesterday and put it back in after > 30 seconds. So far so good!!!

while removing the backplate I discovered two screwdrivers docked inside the modules space. They are probably meant for installing the modules but they also work on the rubbery backplate screws. Of which I already busted one by using an inappropriate appliance.

had a crash again. It shut off. So taking out the battery more than 30 secs didn’t do it for this opz. I will now take out the battery and do a factory reset.

@martinopz said:
removed the battery yesterday and put it back in after > 30 seconds. So far so good!!!

while removing the backplate I discovered two screwdrivers docked inside the modules space. They are probably meant for installing the modules but they also work on the rubbery backplate screws. Of which I already busted one by using an inappropriate appliance.

Those two pieces are meant to be plugged on the back side of the OP-Z as a stand for your smartphone.

https://youtu.be/dAX6EVGve4U