OP-Z recording to iPad stereo vs mono

It might be a stupid question but do I miss something by recording into one input (mono) vs 2 inputs (stereo) ? I mean there’s the stereo punch in effects but are the samples or some effects stereo too ? I’m asking because I’m looking for a audio interface but I have to know if I need one with one or two inputs. Thanks.

You can an also pan the sounds. Zed is a great stereo tool I would highly recommend recording everything that way. I use the Line 6 SonicPort as an interface and the AUM app to route and also record.

@tablaninja said:
You can an also pan the sounds. Zed is a great stereo tool I would highly recommend recording everything that way. I use the Line 6 SonicPort as an interface and the AUM app to route and also record.

Thanks for the tip ! I will look into the sonic port. Do you plug the Zed into both inputs or just one stereo input ? If so what kind of cable do you use ?

It has a 1/4" mono jack for guitar a 1’8" stereo jack for line input. As well as a headphone out

Well I finally went with the Zoom u22 as it is cheaper and both inputs are stereo. I might come back here with a quick review when I will get it next week if people are interested !

@tablaninja said:
It has a 1/4" mono jack for guitar a 1’8" stereo jack for line input. As well as a headphone out

Does the Line6 send audio back from the iPad/iPhone? Currently using the Behringer which does this, but I’ve read that the Roland Go:Mixer does not. Hoping to apply reverb/effects apps via AUM and actually hear what’s happening.

So I got the Zoom U-22 yesterday and it works well as expected. The sound is pretty good when recording with the line in and there is no hiss or any strange noise with the output volume knob set on 7. It is hub powered with my iPad Pro using an adapter (USB to USB-c) and is recognized in the AUM app as input and output. It might be a great investment for people looking for a cheap little interface to record the OP-Z into an iPad or Mac. The only downside is it can only record through one input at a time.