OP-Z Sampler update today?

Then, would sampling from a turntable with USB audio out, into the OP-Z usb-c work? That could be a game changer for me

Can‘t confirm for sure cause I can‘t test it but from a technical perspective i can‘t see a reason why it shouldn‘t work😀

I’m not sure how it works for sure, but I would question whether the OP-Z can act as a USB Class Compliant Audio Device and a USB Host at the same time. That might be an issue, because the turntable would need a host. Definitely worth a shot though! Same goes for other devices. I can try a Shure MVi and MV 88+.

Doesn’t work with the iPad USB-C - 3.5mm adapter.

Skip the 3.5mm. USB c straight in should work.

2 Likes

Just noticed you can sample from the iphone to the op-z but also send audio out back to the iphone.

So you can sample from the iphone, jam on the op-z and record it back to the iPhone (Garageband for example) or use your tunes in other apps or effects on the iPhone via the camera kit connection.

Just thinking about my zoom h4n pro. Is it obsolet now?

2 Likes

Which apple camera adapter did you use? The old one or the new USB 3 one?

and within Unity we can approach our own “Overbridge” and the circle closes

So the iPhone with usb camera adapter is pretty nifty and works great so far after I tested it with Spotify. Wonder if this would work if you plugged in a tascam/zoom via usb :thinking: would make it really easy to sample ourselves and our gear

I think its the new one. But dont know exactly.

Does it play back the samples polyphonically like the op-1?

Yes it does in bass,lead and chord

1 Like

It works with an old one

Great tutorial here by Bruno Kramm

4 Likes

nice one TE, bloody marvellous, thank you!!

2 Likes

btw. the OP-Z should also work under Linux and with a Raspberry Pi it should be a big possibility to have real quality fx from puredata!

3 Likes

Is that stereo audio out of the OP-Z too?

Yeah man! You can now record USB audio to DAW in stereo. Not per track but you can use mute groups. Good enough for low power USB stuff. Way better than bounce tracks.

1 Like

I wonder, what is that gates step component anyway? Can’t suss that one.

I can testify right now that this doesn’t work… I think it’s still looking for a “headset” to make it work.