OP-Z sending Program Change?

I want to use OP-Z as a main sequencer and brain of the setup, but have a bit of trouble understanding how the Program Change works on OP-Z. Hope someone can help with advice.

I would like to have the patterns on Digitakt change when I change patterns on OP-Z, but nothing happens. It might be a very stupid detail I have overlooked.

I have it connected to Digitakt trough a Kenton USB host, with every track on OP-Z sending midi. Yes, I have made sure Program Change is enabled :slight_smile: Midi and clock sends just fine, but there is no reaction to program change in Digitakt. Digitakt is set to receive program change, and receives it perfectly from Analog Four. So I can only conclude that there is something wrong with the setting on OP-Z? Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

1 Like

+1

1 Like

bump again. Maybe program change is not fully implemented yet? Anyone know anything about it? I saw on the app that only “alt program change” is available now in the midi config. The “enable program change” is removed, so they are definitely working on it.

2 Likes

Bump again! I can see the patch changes on the external gear when using project 1 + pattern 1-16 will set the external patch 1 to 16 and then project 2 + pattern 1-16 will set the external patch to 17-32 project 3 + pattern 1-16 33-49 for example.

I still don’t know how to program and save these changes between patterns in the same project? I’ve emailed TE about this.

2 Likes

Blockquote

Awesome. Very useful stuff, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

What external gear are you using? I have tried with A4 and Digitakt, and they dont react to program change from my OP-Z, but they both react fine to each others program change.

1 Like

I too could not figure out now out to change digitakt pattern from OpZ . Opz would change with digitakt though. Haven’t tried in awhile.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing with the Roland SE02 and P6 with the Alt program change enabled in the Z

Nothing from back from TE yet…

1 Like

+1 :pray:

Anyone figured this out ? I would like my Digitakt to follow pattern changes after OP-Z…

BUMP again…
I am thinking of buying a Fantom XR (which often have display issues). Therefore I’d love to know, if I can change sounds/patches from the OP-Z??? Does anybody know more?

Nothing back from TE :frowning: - they need to put out some better documentation or get one of their youtubers to do a tutorial.

1 Like

I managed to get the digitakt to follow program changes from the opz but curiously it only seems to work when the digitakt is set to receive program changes from channel 1. Have been messing with the different Chanel’s on both devices but it seems to default to only channel 1 from the opz. On another note I would kill for for a way to sequence the digitakt from the opz with out the digitakt duplicating the trigs programmed into the opz tracks. Ideally a way to switch between say the kick track and a midi version of the kick track that would only trigger the digitakt and not the opz audio if any one knows if there is a way to do this I would definitely buy you a beer.

A long overdue but I bumped on this thread while looking for ways to programmatically change projects on OPZ (I am working on opensource OPZ project renderer). Anyways, not sure if I got this correctly but if you dont like OPZ “trigger” audio on particular track, you have 2 options - either mute audio on that track (same as turn off channel on mixer but holding shift) or just make one plugin empty and select this one for the track (or, a bit cumbersome but it will not make you loos one plugin slot - make a preset for a plugin with the volume set to 0).