OP-Z SPECS AND INFORMATION AT ALL!!

I think the thing that excites me about this new product is the fact that it is controlled by sequencers which means that it will be more of a live performance and jamming instrument than the OP-1 which made you render everything to tape and only let you control one instrument at a time.

"Release: September 2017"

ok. have to sleep a long time..

Only roughly 225 more sleepy-sleeps until OP-Z.

Still seems like a cool friend for my OP-1 B)

I’m excited! But I doubt we’ll hear much on price until it’s closer to the release date. I’ve long wanted a ‘pocket monomachine’ (something sequence/automation/modulation heavy). This looks quite appealing.

I think the thing that excites me about this new product is the fact that it is controlled by sequencers which means that it will be more of a live performance and jamming instrument than the OP-1 which made you render everything to tape and only let you control one instrument at a time.

Indeed.

They are said to be advanced and, what really interests me, “multispeed” !!!

didn’t they at one point mention that they were trying to hit a $300 price point?

didn't they at one point mention that they were trying to hit a $300 price point?

goooodbyyyyeee monnneeeeyy

My impression is that it is 16 tracks directly linked to the listed tracks. If you look at the row of 16 buttons, there are symbols for all of those there. I wouldn’t think that you can set 16 tracks of all drums, as that would involve some button presses that might not be as straightforward without a screen.

And those things on the top – they looked like jacks last year, but now they look like they might be buttons. As in, you choose what mode you are in using those buttons. That conclusion is based on the other jack being labeled with “out” and that (unless they use old-school PAL/NTSC), I wouldn’t think they would output video via an audio style jack.
My impression is that it is 16 tracks directly linked to the listed tracks. If you look at the row of 16 buttons, there are symbols for all of those there. I wouldn't think that you can set 16 tracks of all drums, as that would involve some button presses that might not be as straightforward without a screen.

And those things on the top -- they looked like jacks last year, but now they look like they might be buttons. As in, you choose what mode you are in using those buttons. That conclusion is based on the other jack being labeled with "out" and that (unless they use old-school PAL/NTSC), I wouldn't think they would output video via an audio style jack.

Pretty sure it has a mini-HDMI out, but could be wrong. I thought I read that about it at some point last year.

@jjbbllkk Yeah that’s how it seemed last year. I was going based off of it being not listed in the docs where other connectors are listed. So maybe they just don’t want to commit to some of those details yet and the one they are showing at NAMM is still very much a prototype. Excited to see some video interviews from NAMM.

iam so glad that this is coming from TE. it's huge in terms of possibilities. different tape machines etc.

september sounds awesome to get the cash in the right direction. it has a plastic/fibre housing and i hope it goes for 299.

Where is everyone getting this $299 price tag from? I haven’t seen anything ?

iam so glad that this is coming from TE. it's huge in terms of possibilities. different tape machines etc.

september sounds awesome to get the cash in the right direction. it has a plastic/fibre housing and i hope it goes for 299.

Dreams. Wishes. Nothing has been substantiated. Remember the PO-32 was supposed to be a mixer and a sampler? Yeah. No.

OP-Z seems closer to the OP-1 range than PO… I don’t believe that would be “only” 299$

I see that OP-Z has cv/trig but where is that coming out from? I don’t see any ports for that.

I see that OP-Z has cv/trig but where is that coming out from? I don't see any ports for that.

maybe similar to the OP-1 and it’s PO-SYNC

iam so glad that this is coming from TE. it’s huge in terms of possibilities. different tape machines etc.

Dreams. Wishes. Nothing has been substantiated. Remember the PO-32 was supposed to be a mixer and a sampler? Yeah. No.

lol - why so mad fam?

I see that OP-Z has cv/trig but where is that coming out from? I don't see any ports for that.

iam so glad that this is coming from TE. it’s huge in terms of possibilities. different tape machines etc.

lol - why so mad fam?

Not mad at all, I love all of my synth geeks and their passion for this stuff. I just wish people would chill on the rampant speculation + groupthink stuff.

I think you’re right. Looking at the specs and it has a 3.5mm ‘4 pole-jack’

There was an article or video last year that they kind of hinted at around £300 target.

yeah. i feel like i remember one of the te guys doing the whole “don’t quote me on this” thing and saying around $300.

it’s not something i completely pulled out of thin air because i originally thought it’d cost much more.

but in comparison to the op-1 this is plastic and not aerospace grade aluminum. no screen and only one pressure sensitive switch.

i guess we’ll see

op-z is the only gear i’m gunna buy this year. can i make it?