OP-Z synth micro tuning ?

does anyone know if micro tuning is available on the OP-Z to sound just intonation 7-limit notes and chords such as the barbershop seventh chord (harmonic seventh) etc. ?
note it’s different than a fine (cent) detune feature because you’re just tuning one note within one chord for only one midi event.
thanks!

1 Like

Highly unlikely. If it does have microtuning I would be very surprised.

If they didn’t put microtuning in the OP-1, I don’t see why they’d think of putting it in the OP-Z

@GovernorSilver said:
If they didn’t put microtuning in the OP-1, I don’t see why they’d think of putting it in the OP-Z

yes. did TE say dream machine about the OP-1 though ?
micro tonal / polychromatic stuffs are futuristic
you could mimic the singing of birds, strings quatuor, ultrasmooth harmony voicing etc.
it not that complicated and has a great potential. Jacob Collier does it a lot.
come on TE you can do it.

They should really consider it though. The only product that has some microtonal abilities is the po-32 along with the micro tonic software. It would be cool if you could set each key on the opz to a certain frequency/hz and then save that as microtonal patch but that would probably mean rewriting the synth architecture, which could be a lot of work. One can only dream.

@j0nny said:

@GovernorSilver said:
If they didn’t put microtuning in the OP-1, I don’t see why they’d think of putting it in the OP-Z

yes. did TE say dream machine about the OP-1 though ?

“Dream machine” is just an advertisement.

You should ask them though. If they say “no” or refuse to answer, take a look at Audiothingies Micromonsta - it can do microtonal stuff.

@oxxi said:
They should really consider it though. The only product that has some microtonal abilities is the po-32 along with the micro tonic software.

“Microtonic” is just the name of a drum app. There is no mention of microtuning on the product page: https://soniccharge.com/microtonic

@GovernorSilver said:

“Microtonic” is just the name of a drum app. There is no mention of microtuning on the product page: https://soniccharge.com/microtonic

It can do microtonal stuff. I didn’t think it was microtonal because of the name lol. In the microtonic app you can set the frequency/hz for each sound and import into the po-32. Basically you can make the po-32 a synth too.

1 Like

Greets…
Is there no way to fine tune \set master tune of the unit and it’s internal syths

Hi @BradSnakePit,
there is a way, somebody found out by accident in the facebook group. Handle with care though, as there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to reset to default pitch. The only way I found is by backing everything up, performing a factory reset and restoring after that’s done.

Here’s how it works: Press the metronome button and the track button. Green dial is now fine pitch, blue dial is coarse pitch. Blue has a green center point, green does not.

Cheers
Gero

1 Like

@Gero thanks! .? excited… well done TE!