OP Z track button bug?

Hi all. After the most recent firmware update, I’m experiencing a weird issue with my op-z. Sometimes when I hold down the track button (and nothing else) the device starts to automatically create a user sample pack. I believe this should only occur when holding down track and a black key simultaneously. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

It’s supposed to, when the lights get to the end that’s how you choose a empty sample slot to sample. If a sample is already on that number then it will erase it!!

No, @Jmryan82 is right. Holding down just the track button gives you access to parameters like polyphony and quantization. It shouldn’t start creating a user sample unless you hold track and a number.

I’ve had the same thing happen to me, restarting the OP-Z fixed it. I don’t know how to recreate it.

1 Like

Same has happened to me several times.

Sorry I guess I misread your post…I was at work so sorry not paying attention.

Same issue here. Plus others with this FW update. Like a track going completely mute until I restart and a couple more bugs. Think I’m going to open a ticket with TE support about this

1 Like

Well at least it seems to be a firmware issue and not defective hardware. Thanks for all your input!

Sounds like I’ll pause on updating to this firmware. Thanks to those of you highlighting this issue for TE.

Phew. Just got my shiny, new OP-Z. I am so dang relieved it isn’t just me.

Does anyone know if it’s alright to install a previous firmware?

I’ve had the same problem on and off for months, so I don’t think this is a new bug.