I read on a YouTube comment that the ´0 mode’ in the input selection menu would allow to do send and return, and thus to use an iPhone as an external fx unit. My op-z usb still out for repairs, anybody had success using this combo this way ?
Yes, this works quite fine. I’m using AUM and several Audio Damage filters
Thanks for your input.
This means usb audio is outputted to iPhone/iPad and is sent back to op-z for monitoring ?
This is crazy
Mmm, also curious about this. How do you do it?
This is what the TE site saya for ‘0 mode’:
monitor the incoming usb audio signal. the op-z main out signal is muted in speaker/headphones. be careful, this signal can be a lot louder than your synth sound.
Yeah this part of the guide is pretty much cryptic !
For me its this workaround:
- Turn on OP-Z and connect cables
- Start AUM
- Connect OP-Z to the iPad (mine is an Pro 9,7 with lightning to USB adapter and original op-z cable)
- AUM is recognizing the OP-Z as source
- create audio connection in AUM. Select OP-Z as input and output.
- in the filter section, select a filterapp
- select on OP-Z the source „0“
Audio is coming from the OP-Z Speaker or headphone jack.
Maybe i can make a video if someone is interested.