OP-Z (with Line Module) Sync/Connect to Volca FM

Hello everyone!

I’m new here, this is my first post. I need your Help!

Can someone explain to me exactly how to connect my OP-Z with Line Module to the Volca FM?
Which settings and cables do I need exactly?

Many thanks for your help.

Dirceu

Well unfortunately I have neither the line module nor a Volka FM, but what is it you’re trying to do? Midi sync? Midi sync and line in?

I would check the owners manual of each. I’m pretty sure the documentation of the line module shows which one can receive midi, and you can change midi settings in the OP-Z apps configurator page. I am too unfamiliar with the Volca series to offer and real advice, but I’m guessing it has a TRS midi out, I’d run that into the midi port of the Line Module. From there, I guess run both OP-Z audio and Volca audio thru a mixer, maybe the line module can also receive the Volca audio too, idk

I dit it it works :+1:t2:

1 Like

If using MIDI ain’t necessary The KORG volcas as well as the Mini/monotribe use the same sync as POs (2 pulses ps IIRC) with the line module you can send sync out to the volca and have the the volca MIDI In free for other purposes, I generally do that to hook up my MIDI modded Monotribe to the OP-Z and I tend to hook up a Keyboard to the MIDI in of the Monotribe. If you have POs you can hook them up with KORG gear that uses sync as well.

1 Like