OP-Z wont power on without cable

Same issue here. I think the dog knocked it off the countertop. Found it on the floor and it’d only turn on if plugged in directly. Battery showed 100% in that case.

I fixed the issue by removing the battery and using tweezers to make sure that the three brass spring pins that connect to the battery contacts were fully extended. Seems like one of them had gotten stuck? Anyway, after this procedure, it’s starting up as normal. Hope it helps someone else!

3 Likes

HI

Just to say i picked up a OP-Z for £150 with a dead battery as the seller has left it for months with out use so i thought i would take the risk as it still worked with the Usb plugged in

Plugged it in and it worked ok but it wouldnt charge only got blinking yellow not green so i tried what was posted
Basically, cut the small end off a USB cable, strip back the wires, leaving black and red exposed. Plug the cable into a charging source and touch the black and red wires to the OP-Z battery terminals (black to negative, red to positive).

So i put the Battery back in plugged the usb cable in and this time the op-z was blinking green and charging so left it and its charged fully and ive been using it for 4 hours since with still some battery left

So all in all a bit of a result

So if your op-z is dead give it a go it worked for me

Oh and A Merry Christmas to All

2 Likes