Op1 Feeld & Com - disc mode access, (blind user)!

Hello to the best’s new accessable work-station these days made Team!
As you have understand, i have the Op1 Feeld and, i need a bit help!
just a small intro, i’m blind! i’ve manage, to work around about 80-90 % inside the instrument, but i have a few issues i would like from you to get some help!
let’s say, that in some point i would like to connect my Feeld, to my computer in order to transfer tracks i’ve made.
When i connect it and, i turn it on, from my pc speakers, (windows 10) stop to have sound. So i stop to have sound and from my screen reader software in order to navigate etc, if i need to.
can i overcome this? and if Yes, how?
2 and the best!
can you write me, step by step, keys i i have to press, to the instrument, in order to go / activate the disc mode? after the com button!
i tried to scan the screen with an app i use, but all stopped in the screen “please select the country radio” something like this, i thing in order to transmit. But i would like to select DM. And if you could give me an advice, how could i have sound again, (from pc speakers or from elsewhere), it will be a bonus!!!
1000 thanks for all your help,
Theo

2 Likes

Hi Theo. What you need to do to connect your OP-1 Field to your computer to transfer tracks is this:
Use Shift plus Com. Shift is the button that is third along on the bottom left edge of the OP-1 Field. Com, as you know, is the second button down on the top right edge of the instrument. With your OP-1 already connected to your computer press the number 4 button under the screen - it is the furthest right under the screen. That button activates “MTP” and you’ll see the contents of your OP-1 on your computer. I’m presuming you’re ok from there as you have your screen reader software to help you. I think where you came up against an obstacle before was that you hadn’t pressed Shift plus Com. I think you’d just pressed the Com button. If there’s anything further I can help with, I’ll do my best to help you out. Glad you’re enjoying your OP-1 Field.

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Op1 Feeld & Com - disc mode access, (blind user)!:

Many many thanks for your help!
Yes, i know all buttons of the instrument!
super with the combination!
and something last!
as far as tape mode, to create a 2nd Porta tape,
shift + tape, and then, i press one of t 1-4 buttons? other?
I can record / play only 1 tape for this reason, and then i rerecord my song externally in order to create a newone!
if you could give me a small guide like the firstone i would very appreciate this!!!
all the best & please T,E. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

To create a new tape:
Shift plus tape then button 3 under the screen. If you’ve used up all your space for tapes then this will not create a new tape. In that case, you need to press Shift plus tape then button 4 under the screen - that button is labelled “delete”. That brings up a screen on the OP-1 where you need to press all buttons, 1 to 4, under the screen. That will complete the delete. Hope that helps.

hi again best workstation’s team!
come back again to ask something, i found it as better idea to ask it here! as far as loading a tape! let’s say i have 2 tapes, both recorded at the first tape recorder! i can play only the lastone! i press shift + tape and then? i press e.g common? 1000 thanks for your help! sorry if this sounds a bit strange, i’m blind and , it’s the last thing to find out, all others i play them in my fingers in a really fine device! keep it up!!! Theo

2 Likes

hello theo! if i understand you correctly, you have 2 tape projects recorded both in the “first” tape recording meaning the “studio” tape type and you are only able to play the “last” meaning the 2nd one? i believe if you press shift + tape and then twist the 2nd encoder knob counterclockwise, it will scroll up and allow you to select your previous or first tape project. then simple press down on that same 2nd encoder knob and it will load the project/tape!

1 Like

really this helps!!! many thanks!!!

1 Like

always happy to help anytime!