OP1.Fun - Tape backup.. and more?

Awesome site.

Because of the file format, the loop points on tapes can be maintained upon backup. But here’s what I Wonder…

Do you think it would be theoretically possible to lift segments from saved tape, to build a new tape (w/ chosen tracks from other tapes)?

That would change the game entirely, in terms of priming an OP1 w/a full six minutes of choice songs, for live performance. I’d gladly pay $20 for an app like that.

I suggested it to the site developer, who said it’s not something he has on the radar.

Any ideas?

Use any DAW

Yeah I’d be using a DAW and a bit of math to work out how to put a - let’s call it “multi-track” tape - back onto the OP1 and have easy to find loop points. Eg setting your DAW to 60bpm, dropping your different arrangements onto grid lines. Then out that onto OP1, set its tempo to 60, and then skip through the tape and find your different start/end points. Might take an hour of dicking around? I’ve been thinking about this for exactly what you say - a full set of multiple songs.

Yeah I’d be using a DAW and a bit of math to work out how to put a - let’s call it “multi-track” tape - back onto the OP1 and have easy to find loop points. Eg setting your DAW to 60bpm, dropping your different arrangements onto grid lines. Then out that onto OP1, set its tempo to 60, and then skip through the tape and find your different start/end points. Might take an hour of dicking around? I’ve been thinking about this for exactly what you say - a full set of multiple songs.

It’s really the one thing stopping the OP-1 from being as ubiquitous @ jam cyphers as an SP-404.