Op1 line in noise

When connecting a 3.5 mm cable to the mic/line in there is a hiss you can stop it by pressing your finger to the tip.

DEFINITELY NOT A GROUND LOOP USB ISSUE

If you put a cable in the input and press the red mic button there is noise and if you sample/ record you can still hear it

Has anyone found a way to stop this?
I just want to sample via line in without the sound being colored by digital noise

So you’ve got a cable plugged in, connected to nothing, and you’ve got noise?

Erm, is connecting the cable to something a solution?

No the noise is present in all line in recordings regardless of the source. Turning down line level, master output gain or simply turning down the volume reduces the noise, but result in a very quiet recording. Furthermore if the sample is normalized or amplified the noise is still there

Also I just tested the TE radio antenna plug and it didn’t change anything. I tried touching the antenna and the sound didn’t change at all

I had similar issues, I couldn’t track the exact cause but these helped. Mpow isolator filter things…

Mpow Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio/Home https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019393MV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_i_uFm5Fb69S9PA2

Also, make sure your master fx aren’t contributing to extra noise somehow. I know that wouldn’t really be happening becauSe you touching the cable makes it go away. These filters have been so effective I use them on pretty much all my 3.5mm lines.

Cheers!

Thx I wonder if it’s the input circuit board itself. I haven’t found any other complaints of the noise online which makes me think it could be a manufacturer error or people don’t listen that close also maybe many people don’t record external instruments, but that doesn’t make sense for a sampler

The OP-1 noise floor is the same as a tape recorder. Is yours noisier than that? Maybe you should share some recording files as an example of the problem.

@Dank-operator I’ve owned 3 OP-1s and all of them have been noisy no matter the sample source, can’t believe there aren’t more complaints about it online. But like @harmonyunited mentioned master fx like Punch and Nitro make it much worse. Even resampling stuff dry seems to layer the noise up. It’s just what it is.

Well, I guess I’ll just have to embrace the Lofi. I like to plug my bass into the op1 it actually makes a good amp except it sounds like there’s a bit crushed tea kettle in the background