operator patch vignettes. an auditory collection of various patches.

https://soundcloud.com/nikofeyn/op-1-exp-4-operator-patch-vignettes

this is just a collection of patches i’ve built up over time. the track could have used a bit more editing, but it is what it is. some of the patches are usable patches, but as you’ll see if you listen, i like using my op-1 for sound design beyond classically usable sounds. i have found that the op-1 is actually capable of a lot of sounds i typically hear on modular synths and even beyond that. it’s quite adept at reaching environmental and ambient sounds.

hopefully some of the patches are interesting to you. none of the patches feature live parameter editing, one uses the endless sequencer (should be clear), and one uses live playing with the keyboard octave setting (again should be clear). other than that, the sounds are what you hear when you play a note or chord.

Great patches. You weren’t planning to share them in a file format I guess?

Some really nice patches, nikofeyn. I especially like the one at 2.54. Is it based around a sample though?

Yes, please share the files ; )

Really nice sounds!

Awesome!

I’m curious about which synth engines are playing at 1:00 and 2:55… I’m stumped!
Awesome!
I'm curious about which synth engines are playing at 1:00 and 2:55.. I'm stumped!

thanks! as for the patches, both of those are very similar patches in terms of their features. they both use the string synth engine, punch effect, and element lfo. i don’t remember exactly, but one of those likely derived from the other in the same patch session.

Really nice sounds!

thank you! i should have taken more time editing them, as some of my personal favorites (the more experimental ones) are buried while some of the others are more prominent or last longer.

Some really nice patches, nikofeyn. I especially like the one at 2.54. Is it based around a sample though?
Yes, please share the files ; )

thank you! the one at 2:54 isn’t a sample. :slight_smile: that one is the string synth engine. there aren’t any sampled sounds in the above track, and like i mentioned, none of them have any parameter tweaking. this is why i am amazed at that other thread complaining about the synth engines and lfo.

i’ll see about getting some of the patches uploaded here. are there any particular ones you would like?

Great patches. You weren’t planning to share them in a file format I guess?

thank you! and i don’t know, are you asking me to share them or just passive aggressively hinting? :stuck_out_tongue: i considered it but didn’t go through the work and also didn’t realize this forum made it easy to share files when i was making the track. i originally made this to share on reddit.com/r/synthesizers, but nobody there cared for the submit. also, not that anyone really cares or thinks these are that great, but it’s also kinda nice having some secrets. are there any in particular you’d like the patch file for?