Opinions on OP-1F and OG1 MIDI SYNC options with other gear

Hi guys,
I recently got an OP-1F and TX-6. I’ve been using the OG1 for years now and have always loved it.
I’ve wanted to synchronize my equipment to the OP-1F but I’m having some difficulty figuring out where to go from here. I have successfully synced the OP-1 and OP-1F through USB, I have also synced the TX-6 to the OP-1F through bluetooth.
I have an OP-1F and want to midi sync my other gear to it as well, like my MC-101 and Korg Monologue. What would I need to get to make this possible. I have a USB midi host with USB in, MIDI in and MIDI out, but that doesn’t seem to do the job, this could be because the OP-1F is already a MIDI host?
Should I purchase something like the Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Wireless MIDI Adaptor to connect the monologue or mc101 to my field? would that even accept MIDI clock from the field? or should I get something like a USB hub and MIDI hub for the field? I’m not too sure where to go from here, any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated, thanks friends.

Here’s a short video (sorry the audio isn’t the best) of what I’ve been able to do so far with the limited MIDI Sync knowledge/capabilities I currently have: https://youtu.be/O5hIC6q8DCo

1 Like

I’ve done a bit of research today, maybe I could sync some more things together with the assistance of an OP-z, with maybe a LINE or OPLAB module? I’ve seen some stuff posted about the RK-006. Do you guys rate it? Thanks

a midi patchbay or midi hub and a bunch of five pin midi cables.

1 Like

Squiddly, thanks for the response brother, much appreciated :pray: . Yup, I’ve just ordered the RK-006 USB MIDI hub. I might update later in case anyone is interested in future :grinning:

1 Like

RK-006 USB MIDI hub looks like a good choice.
I like the look of their little sequencer, the RK-008

1 Like

Thanks for the reassurance Squiddly, I’m looking forward to giving it all a try. If I can get it all working well I’ll post a follow up. I’m also eyeing up an OP-Z second hand, which could be fun to add into the DAWless setup. :grin: