OPlab midi out bug???--Found a work around----

@krism

…do you have an earlier Oplab version? without numbers on this lil wheel?

i got mine in November/December 2013, it is version 1.2, and holy fucking shit i have not ONCE noticed the wheel is labelled o.O but it is lol…

feeling pretty dumb, now >.> i blame being blinded by those horrifically bright LEDs <.<

Operator Grandma. :wink:

i´m having hard times with oplab now… i am trying to send syx file from my comp (midi-ox) through oplab to my little deformer´s 2 midi input. so oplab mode 0 or 1 - usb to midi out - and that´s it! really??? it´s not working at all! i tried hundred times:) am i retarded? or is this a bug? help!

Pretty sure the Oplab does not handle Sysex data. A lot of MIDI interfaces don’t do this well at all =/ The cheapest I know of is a Roland UM-1/one @ $40ish new, unsure on used prices.

Pretty sure the Oplab does not handle Sysex data. A lot of MIDI interfaces don't do this well at all =/ The cheapest I know of is a Roland UM-1/one @ $40ish new, unsure on used prices.
Thanks for response! Are You sure? It can handle Sysex data for updating Oplab. But it´s not possible to send it to outputs? Oh that is sad! Anyway thank You again!

Now that I think about it, at the time I was playing my OP-1 with my EWI 4000S, which would mean that the MIDI In port was being used, and at the time I didn’t know that that disabled the MIDI Out due to the now-well-known bug.

Try Mode 3 and see if that works for you. You’re sending the sysex via your computer, so you need the USB Device port (the mini one that you connect to your computer) tied into the MIDI Out. Mode 1 should work, too, you just need to cycle the output until it’s set to MIDI Out.

that’s pretty fucking fail of the Oplab @quemadaconflash =/ Out of curiosity what mode were you using?