Oplab module doesn’t retain locked position

That FW fix is likely just a recover from intermittent breakups in the module physical connection…

Heard back from TE, they’re swapping my module so they can investigate the fault. No ETA of replacement given other than next batch that comes out of their production department. So I’m guessing 2-3 months.

Received my new OPLAB module back from TE with the supposed fix, whatever it may be. Build quality feels about the same however the latch clicks into place a bit sturdier and seems to successfully stay locked within my unit. So good news I guess. I will try to put the unit through it’s paces with CV and MIDI.

EDIT: Update my unit is now suffering from double/unsustained key presses, the fun never stops!

I just received the new oplab and it’s even worse than the first one. I have to push down the module for the opz to even recognize it. There’s no improvement whatsoever, so I guess they really want to try to fix it through a firmware update rather than redesign the module better cause the Rumble module has no issues like this. Super bummed out.

Damn if possible I would request refund at that point. In my communications with TE they made it sound like it was a bad batch issue.

Hi! I also had this issue and getting the oplab replaced helped but not 100% so i made really simple non-destructive fix to make it fit better. I made a video for this here: https://youtu.be/zbs85-uRvsQ

2 Likes

@toyotavangelis’ video helped with the gate for mine but didn’t fix the CV out. After careful inspection, I need to hold the 3.5mm plug at an angle while it’s in the Oplab jack fo the CV to work properly. It seems pretty clear that my unit is defective.

I can’t believe how many reports of defective Oplabs there are on the internet.

Mine eventually got fixed after multiple back and forth’s with TE. I haven’t had any issues now over a year. The issue was two fold. It has to do with the unit and the module and sometimes both need to be replaced.