OPZ is not recognised as an audio input on Windows 10

I am currenlyut trying to record some audio from my opz to a windows 10 machine, however the opz is not recognized as an audio input in windows… It is recognized as an audio output however and I can use the windows machine to send samples to the opz but not the other way around. It is also detected as a midi device but not as audio input. On my Linux machine the audio input works perfectly… Does anyone else have this problem?

I KNOW THIS IS OLD…

But i had the same problem and found the solution so i felt i should post it.

If your opz is plugged in and windows sees it as “output” but not “input”. Go into the sound settings in windows. Scroll down to the input section and press “Manage Sound Devices”.

Towards the bottom, below the inputs section there is a “disabled” section. Click on “Synthesizer OPZ”, a button should pop up. Click “Enable”.

Now your OPZ should appear in the “inputs” section.
Go back a page and make sure “synthesizer OPZ” is selected as the input device in windows.

If you press play on your opz you should hear sounds from the opz speaker and windows will show the sound levels in the “test your microphone” thingy.

Ableton will now recognize the opz in the preferences as an input device. You will need to restart ableton if you had it open while you did this process.

Hope this helps!!!

3 Likes