OPZ sample track not playing 1st trig when chaining patterns

So this is driving me NUTS! Been up for two days trying to troubleshoot this ridiculous glitch.

Each time i think i come close i find a new weird quirk.
So here goes:
I have a 4 bar pattern with a vocal sample on track 4. It’s in the sample slot #5. Triggered on the first note of the pattern.
Right after that there is another 4 bar pattern with a different vocal sample on track 4. It’s in the sample slot #7. Triggered on the first note of that pattern.

When i chain these two patterns, the vocal sample fails to fire on the first beat of the second pattern.
That’s the main issue.

Here’s where it gets weird:
If i place that trig on the second note of the second pattern, it works.
If i micro nudge the trig a bit, it works.
If i use the same vocal sample (Slot 5) instead of switching for the second pattern, it works.
I have cleared all automation, even cleared the entire project. Same problem.
It’s not a polyphony issue, as it fails to trigger even if i use 2 patterns with only the vocal sample on track 4 and a kick drum on track 1.

It gets weirder:
If i use a vocal sample in slot 5 for the first pattern, but slot 8 (instead of the one in 7) for the second pattern, it plays on that first trig like it should.
If i use slot 4 for first pattern, and 8 for second, it works.
So it must be the sample in slot 7 right?
I tried deleting it and resampling. Doesnt work!
I tried using my comp to make the sample there and import it via usb, doesnt work.
I tried switching to track 3 and still wont work.
Sometimes it seems like it does work for some weird reason but it’s usually when i’ve gone and changed so much i can’t figure out what i did. And it quickly goes back to not working…

I can’t wrap my head around what’s happening!!!
I’m loosing my sanity

feel like other ppl have said something similar
might be more of a bug than anything else?

Yes I too have a feeling that I heard this before.