Ordered some Chroma Caps

Yea, don’t get an encoder knob for the volume, unless you don’t want the indicator

I guess I was referring to the last post on here about "chroma caps". To stoned to care really. In any case I think chroma caps are cool but I feel that the caps on the op are good enough. In the early days i heard they used pots as used on liken aircraft. I can kind of feel that physically actually.

The caps on the OP are “good enough” UNLESS you work a lot w/ samples. The “shift + start / end” fine tuning on the OP-1 samplers are so granular, it takes like 500 spins to really make a dent in the in/out points. That’s where Chromas really shine on the OP-1.

Here’s a few of my OP clips. You’ll see the Chromas.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ringofthenibblefunk/?hl=en

I guess I was referring to the last post on here about "chroma caps". To stoned to care really. In any case I think chroma caps are cool but I feel that the caps on the op are good enough. In the early days i heard they used pots as used on liken aircraft. I can kind of feel that physically actually.

The caps on the OP are “good enough” UNLESS you work a lot w/ samples. The “shift + start / end” fine tuning on the OP-1 samplers are so granular, it takes like 500 spins to really make a dent in the in/out points. That’s where Chromas really shine on the OP-1.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ringofthenibblefunk/?hl=en

Good to know. The OP has completely carried me into the world of sampling, and I completely agree with the granular size of the shift + start/end spins… I think it’s good that it’s micro-adjustment level, as in lieu of an auto-crossfade system, it really helps find an even crossover point to reduce the pops and clicks. <3

I’m away at the mo, so don’t have my chromas, but I’ll be home in a bit over a week, and will report back my experience.

Interested to see how the OPZ flat-encoders feel… They look like they could be really good… And I appreciate the extra low profile / the inclusion of the lego indentations, so you can add knobs I guess <3

Good to know. The OP has completely carried me into the world of sampling, and I completely agree with the granular size of the shift + start/end spins… I think it’s good that it’s micro-adjustment level, as in lieu of an auto-crossfade system, it really helps find an even crossover point to reduce the pops and clicks. <3

I’m away at the mo, so don’t have my chromas, but I’ll be home in a bit over a week, and will report back my experience.

Interested to see how the OPZ flat-encoders feel… They look like they could be really good… And I appreciate the extra low profile / the inclusion of the lego indentations, so you can add knobs I guess <3

They actually incorporated an auto crossfade on TAPE in the last update. If you hear a pop @ the zero crossing, and you let the loop cycle a couple of times in REC mode, it typically eliminates the pop. Seems the OP applies an MS of fade on each pass.

Doesn’t nail it every time, but for me, I’d say 90-92% of the time.

Try and see.

Hmmm, maybe my unit is defective, only nails it 89% of the time. :slight_smile:

Hmmm, maybe my unit is defective, only nails it 89% of the time. :)

Sounds busted. I’ll give you $400 for it. USD.

They actually incorporated an auto crossfade on TAPE in the last update. If you hear a pop @ the zero crossing, and you let the loop cycle a couple of times in REC mode, it typically eliminates the pop. Seems the OP applies an MS of fade on each pass.

Try and see.

HaWUT? How did I not know about this? Thanks for the wise.

Anyways, I was actually talking about the pops from setting loop points on the synth and drum samplers.

Try and see.

HaWUT? How did I not know about this? Thanks for the wise.

Anyways, I was actually talking about the pops from setting loop points on the synth and drum samplers.

Six of one.

You can tweak those sample S/E points until they’re free of pops… but you obviously want to eliminate them from the tape, ultimately. Right?

Yeah, unless I’m sampling live…

The thing is, will it smooth out pops that don’t occur at the loop cycle point?
Yeah, unless I'm sampling live...

The thing is, will it smooth out pops that don't occur at the loop cycle point?

No… it only applies a ms fade @ the zero crossing.

That said, I’ve had absolutely NO headaches w/ popping since the update.

Update 225?

Update 225?

If that’s the latest. The big’ Un. I forget the #.

I get clicks on loop points when editing samples in drum and synth sampler still. Don’t really mind.

I get clicks on loop points when editing samples in drum and synth sampler still. Don't really mind.

Well, yeah… you’ll get them until you fine tune. That’s pretty normal. If you find a particularly tenacious one, record it to tape, and try the technique I mentioned.

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

the caps are one sale right now for 1,49 each.

the caps are one sale right now for 1,49 each.

Yup just bought some :slight_smile:

Me too. Was waiting for $1 a piece, but $1.49 is still better than $2.

i chose the colors over glow in the dark because they feel "grippier" but i do want some glow in the dark fatties

Yeah that glow one is so much less grippy. It’s hard plastic, where the others are soft. I’m gonna try scuffing it up with some sandpaper or something. Any ideas?

Got the encoders from djtechtools. Really love them, great improvement. Still fits under deck saver. Also swapped the orange dial for a red one…