Ordering direct from TE

Well - I ordered my OP-1 eight (!!!) years ago directly from TE - since they were the only one selling them back then. Took about a week to get here and yes - I did have to pay the postal person a duty fee when they handed it to me at the door.

If I were to order one again - I’d order from a US retailer like Sweetwater to get the free shipping and extended warranty.

Just got a new email from UPS saying expected delivery is TOMORROW 11:45-2:45. They still haven’t mentioned any additional charges. Maybe I’m in the clear. I’m getting excited, like a little kid. I want to hook them up together (op-1 and op-z) just to get the Tape to follow the op-z. That way, I can record from both of them. I’ve been researching how to do this (without spending more money) but so far, haven’t had much luck. Friday is my birthday and all I’ve asked for is to be left alone all day to make music. Best present my wife and kids can give me. Gonna work on that new Battle- never done one before.

1 Like

all u need is the proper usb cable or adapter to sync them up. the Z acts as the usb host.
USB C to mini USB

I do have that. Cool.

I also have an iConnectivity AUDIO4+ that I know could get everything together but I’m trying to avoid my computer and DAWs while I relearn the op-1 and learn the op-z. I know it’s incredibly ambitious and maybe too much trouble to create entire songs without a DAW but, I have seen it done and it’s something to strive towards, for me anyway. I’m just so tired of Logic, Live, Reason, FL, etc. and so over rock (or country rock like I’ve always done) music right this minute. Been doing it for 30 years and just want to create music for my own satisfaction. So yeah, gonna sync these two up and hopefully have some fun!

its not incredibly ambitious or too much trouble
its entirely possible
i haven’t used a DAW in years
the future is now

3 Likes

Almost here…I’m in Augusta…

2 Likes

Same experience in Canada. Ordered from TE website, quick delivery, had to pay duties and local tax (GST). In retrospect, would be a bit cheaper and quicker if I would buy from a local distributor, but oh well…

Another consideration is the warranty. I am experience very annoying key double-triggering issue and now facing shipping charges to Sweden and back.

1 Like

Yes, the closer I get to receiving it, the more problems I’m starting to read about. Guess I should’ve done more homework before buying this thing. I love TE and their whole trip but for something to cost so much and then have so many problems. That’s weird to me. Still looking forward to getting it.

1 Like

It’s been on the ups truck since 9am and still not here. Delivery window is all the way up to 9pm. Glad you all could accompany me on this odyssey…

1 Like

So yeah, this thing is NICE. At this point, all I can do is watch Cuckoo explain some things and make generic sounding techno but I love it! And no, there was no import duty or tax.

1 Like

I just got mine from TE, I don’t think I paid for more than the unit.

However- its being a piece of shit and won’t charge.

Brand new, from TE. Got it three days ago.

op-z or op-1? Not that it matters, that’s messed up whichever one it is. Maybe I can help if I have some more details. Did you already post a thread about this? I thought I saw one. There was something about resetting battery I saw on the internet. I’ll try to find it. I can’t believe they don’t have better quality control. Maybe it’s fixable.

Op-1, any help would be appreciated. I did make a post about it. I’ll tag you.

I really like my TE headphones, Ihaven’t yet used the Mic yet.
I just ordered aa couple of PO’s from TE and I was charged California state tax.
What did you end up doing with your situation

Mine came Thursday evening via UPS and the guy just handed it to me. No extra charge. So I ended up paying $599 for an op-z direct from TE with no sales tax or import duty. Maybe I just got lucky for once. That kind of stuff never works out easily for me. That’s why I was freaking out a little. That’s strange because a couple of people on the op-z reddit said they live in California and they didn’t have to pay tax when they ordered straight from TE. The whole system could just be inconsistent with everything that’s happening right now. Whole world has gone insane. Well, at least where I am in the South.

1 Like

Good for you, that’s awesome no tax!
I realized I payed sales on the headset but it was only 7 dollars or so, so I didn’t notice
but tax on two PO’s the Tonic and Speak is much more in tax.
I’m glad things worked out. I’m still trying resolve a reverb plugin situation,
so your apprehension is understandable.
Your going to love your OP-Z, I have a lot sequencing machines,
and if you were to get only one, I would pick the OP-Z

The phones work great with the Microfreak Vocoder too!

1 Like

Cool, I still haven’t used my Mic yet. I love the headphones