Organelle owners? Quick question.

i just installed puredate an a pi. took me 2 hours. but without @JohnnyEgo tutorial it would have been much more. thanks!

still cant get vnc to work. all is set up right (i hope) but the vnc client cant find the pi …
my cheap usb soundcard sounds terrible. noisy and thin. my focusrite scarlett sounds good, but very quite and the audio in dont work.
so, if anyone has a good small usb soundcard (via amazon) … tell me! :slight_smile:

I’m planning to try it with my behringer xenyx302usb. It sounds fine for my basic setup, so I’ll report back on how it goes with the pi.

I’ve got a couple of other soundcards lying around as well that I might try if it’s no good. I wonder how it’d go with my Creative X-Fi 5.1… it’d be interesting to do some 5.1 stuff in pd!

I can’t recommend enough the PiDAC+ from IQAudio if you need the sound card for RPi.
http://www.iqaudio.co.uk/home/8-pi-dac-0712411999650.html

It’s not expensive, sounds good, IQAudio provides pre-configured OS image with JACK which is crucial for real-time applications.

Latency with SunVox can go down to 5.6ms which is low enough in my book. 11ms with heavy SunVox compositions. But for simple sample playback and decent synths with FX it is rock solid on 5.6ms. And that’s just RPi 2. RPi 3 must be even smoother.

Thanx, @cube48. Well its more than a raspberry pi, but … it would be silly to save money on the wrong spot when everything is all about sound

Hmm, I wonder if there is something similar with an input as well…
And could I use it along with a touchscreen also plugged into the gpio port? I see there’s what looks like a right angle adaptor…

puh, i guess i stop fiddeling arround with raspberry and puredata. too much troubleshooting. after hours i manage to get my focusrite to work. but massive problems with audio in. sometimes it works, sometimes not. and when you think everythink works fine you use the external midi controller and BAM crackles and noise in audio in again …

i guess i go for a real organelle :slight_smile:

haha, I haven’t played with pd yet… I got distracted by sonic pi and started making algorave stuff :smiley:

I understand though. The amount of fucking around involved probably equals the extra $400 or whatever :stuck_out_tongue: