Ortho remote pairing issues

Hi, just received my OB-4 yesterday which came with the remote. Unfortunately, I can’t pair the remote - I have read past forum discussions on the topic and ensured the firmware in the OB-4 is the latest.

I managed to get the music to stop/start by pressing the remote. I’m streaming from a Mac, via bluetooth. The ortho remote also controls the Mac’s system volume, but that doesn’t change the Music app volume which is streaming to the OB-4.
Any help would be appreciated. TE hasn’t done a great job at documenting how to set this up.

Also the OB-4 cannot have a bluetooth connection to both a Mac and the remote at the same time, I assume? So if you want to use the remote to control playback from a Mac that’s streaming over bluetooth, I assume the Mac has to be connected to the remote, not the OB-4?

Finally got it to work by pairing the remote to another input other than Bt. Now it works on Bt as well, but the volume control motor no longer turns. After shutting the OB4 off then turning back on, it works.

1 Like

Good times

hey,
OB-4 can be connected to both streaming devices, and OR-1s, at the same time. they’re even handled by different bluetooth controllers.

thanks, jacob

Great, thank you!
Not sure what I did to get it to work, but it eventually worked.

I, too, am having difficulty pairing my OB-4 with the Ortho remote, despite following some of the fixes indicated above. The Bluetooth on the OB-4 blinks blue then white and the remote can’t seem to lock on.

Any suggestions? So far my yellow Ortho remote is just a snazzy looking hockey puck🤠

Have you tried the ble partymode? Via the orthoplay app.

you have to update the firmware of your remote.

it’s a step by step procedure but easy understandable :four_leaf_clover:

send me a DM

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Haven’t tried that yet, but will.

That sounds very logical. Thank you for the suggestion. It appears that I can’t send a DM yet since I’m a new forum member. But hopefully you’ve given me enough to go on so I can figure it out from here. Thanks so much for reaching out.

1 Like

Check your DMs, this is a bulletproof procedure and directly from TE but it may be a bit complicated that’s why it’s not public :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

JohnnyEgo: Hey there! I am having same issues with my Ortho and OB-4. Ortho serial # is R9CKI2EK. Can you send me firmware instructions for updating my Ortho? I can get it to pair with computer and iOS, but no functionality (no volume or play/pause control). I am unable to get the unit o pair at all with OB-4. I’ve replaced batteries, but still no luck.
Thanks, Matt

1 Like

check your DM :slight_smile:

Hello Johnny, I am struggling to pair my new ortho remote with my new OB-4. The remote serial number is R9CPL39Q. I have tied everything above. Please may you offer any advice? Thank you so much, Jennie

Hello Jacob, I am struggling to pair my new ortho remote with my new OB-4. The remote serial number is R9CPL39Q. I have tied everything above. Please may you offer any advice? Thank you so much, Jennie

@jennieop : hello, are you able to pair the ortho remote with another device, say an iOS or Android device? just as a test.

Hello Jacobs, Thank you so much for the quick reply. This is actually my boss’s device so I will have to check with him. Could he test it with his iPhone? Is there anything else I can suggest he tries at the same time (ideally I will go back to him with all suggestions in one go). We have already tried switching the OB-4 to bluetooth, and using the ap to connect instead of directly. Thank you again. Jennie

you can test with any device, just to make sure the ortho remote works as expected.