This one’s pretty easy to reproduce:
- Switch to tape mode
- Record a sample of a few seconds or so using a drum or synth part, it doesn’t matter
- Shift+repeat to select the whole loop
- Ensure that position 0:00:00 is the in point
- Play the loop, loop repeats as normal.
- Shift+play the loop, when the tape head reaches position 0:00:00, it repeats the tiny sample at that position rather than jumping to the end of the loop.
- Increment the in point a teeeny amount forward, like a few milliseconds, and the reverse loop works just fine.