OTO machines

That's great news from Denis - thanks for sharing @jooga1972!

I haven’t noticed any bugs with Bim and Bam yet, but my Biscuit still freaks out a little bit every once in a while.

BIM-bug: tap tempo light stops flashing when you change the tap tempo destination to either LFO or LFO+DLY time. Resetting it to DLY time only brings back the flashing. The good thing is that lights flashing or not, the button does work and sets the tempo. This is a known issue and not a serious one but Dennis says he’ll be taking care of this.

BAM-bug: happened to me just yesterday - changing presets killed the sound and only tweaking the knobs brought the audio back on. Also a known issue and will be taken care of.

BOUM!

https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/oto-machines-boum.html

Can’t wait to hear some demos of the finalized product.

insta preorder for me!

Hey, talking about OTO machines, someone offered me to barter his OTO Bim +100€ for my Pigtronix Infinity + switch.

I don’t use the Pigtronix anymore, so I’m pretty eager to try this.
But I’m a bit afraid to get stuck with the unit if I decide I should part with it.

What do you think ?
How good is Bim ?

I have BIm and Bam, out of the 2 I tend to find Bam more often used, I have a Demora delay which I tend to use more than Bim as I find it a bit quicker to dial in the delay I’m after. I think I need to spend more time with Bim though, as it seems to be more of an exploratory device than an instant gratification one.

Oh ? Exploratory it is ?
Guess I should document myself a bit more then…

By that I mean it has a bit more depth to it, it is not difficult to use but if you have a specific delay type in mind it can take a little longer than some other units to dial in, one other thing about both the Bim and Bam to consider is they can be noisy, it doesn’t bother me though but I was surprised no one had mentioned it before I got them.

Oh ! Exploratory is good in my book. But noisy is pretty awful. might have something to do with ground loop ? I know you’re an expert when it comes to electronics (I’m not), have you tried an isolated power supply such as Cioks ?

I’ve a Biscuit and a BIM and I can’t say I’ve found them noisy (except in the way you want them to be) maybe something else’s going on?