Overdubbing in OP-1

Hey Guys,

So I am starting to learn the ins and outs of my wonderful new little music making device. I realise that we only have 4 tracks to work with. However, I noticed that you can use track one to layer drums and synths and other stuff. Sounds like you can keep overdubbing with just one track. Is there a limit such as certain elements get deleted the more I overdub? Thanks

I dont think so. Just try and cram as much stuff onto one track. Its just an array that stores bits and bytes.
From a sound design standpoint you will run into muddyness at some point.

@adge said:
I dont think so. Just try and cram as much stuff onto one track. Its just an array that stores bits and bytes.

Cheers mate, in that case it’s actually very doable creating a fully fledged track

@kid4life84 said:

@adge said:

Cheers mate, in that case it’s actually very doable creating a fully fledged track

Take a gander at the battles. I found it and incredibly helpful way to get better at op1ing

@ludicrouSpeed said:

@kid4life84 said:

@adge said:

Take a gander at the battles. I found it and incredibly helpful way to get better at op1ing

The skill of op1ing ?

Yea @ludicrouSpeed battles are an amazing way to learn a piece of equipment inside & out. Great advice. @kid4life84 there is a battle that just started, you should check it out. & have fun with your new toy :slight_smile: