Overhub from Elektron/ Oplab

Hey Buddys,

hopefully it’s possible to enhance the USB ins and outs on Oplab via Overhub.

I would appreciate every Detail on this Operation. …so if someone gets an Overhub, please post any Information here…

In an earlier thread i’ve asked @darenager if its possible, because he has build some nice CV Gate Enhancer for the Oplab.

this would be ACE. :slight_smile:

Can you clarify what you mean by enhance please?

So overhub is just a really nice and fast USB hub. It’s not going to add functionality/ability to anything I don’t think.

i mean…if you grab the usb midi out signal from oplab, put that into overhubs host IN—and at least sequence 7 ipads simultaneously via OP-1 and Oplab.

fucking Enhancing? isn’t it he right word for multiplikationing something? :slight_smile:

…hey… and @virtual_flannel…i’ve got my Analog RYtm this week and bOY this is a Machine from not our Planet! so tight and extreme musical. boooom. (sound of the BassDrum)

...hey... and @virtual_flannel.....i've got my Analog RYtm this week and bOY this is a Machine from not our Planet! so tight and extreme musical. boooom. (sound of the BassDrum)

Its a beast! Enjoy! Lots to explore!

overhub looks like a $10 usb hub w/elektron label on it marked up 600%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk

When it comes down to it, USB is just a protocol and there isn’t anything you can do to make data better using a USB hub, other than using the best version of USB available. Keep in mind that using a USB 3 hub does not make your USB 2 devices upconvert to the new speed. If you can’t do what you mention with 7 iPads using a normal USB hub, then I doubt that Overpriced, ahem Overhub, will do it for you.

oh boys…my question is… i want to split one USB midi Signal into 7 USB signals via Overhub.

my ‘normal’ usb hub doesn’t work…but the Overhub thing is for making music. like a midi merger but with USB.
USB Connectors are not the same USB connectors…they look identical but sending other art of data…like multiplikating signal inside overhub, get them right sorted and boom 7 Ipads controlled…

I will buy it to test this Scene. :slight_smile:

Ahhh, I see. I think the issue is not the hub, then. The issue is the USB Host. In this case, you are using the OPlab. Does anyone know if the OPlab supports use of a USB hub in general? If it doesn’t, then you’d probably want to look more at something like the iConnect4MIDI+. That will do what you are wanting to do.

I asked once about Oplab with a hub on one of the Host ports, and I believe @dimi3 said no go @GCF

Did this work?