Pendeo OP-1 Case + Monolith

@sable dimensions are 386 x 138 x 50 mm (15 x 5.5 x 2 inches). Thanks for noticing that. I’ll post them up in the tech specs.

@spacetravelmadeeasy totally agree Midi functionality would be amazing. My partner actually has that Kenton Midi host, maybe I can convince him to open it up :expressionless: We talked about making the Monolith with Midi connectors early on in the design process but the connections are so big we would have had to make the adapter much bigger than it is and wooden case ENORMOUS to fit it inside :frowning: That said there will be more adapters in our future and we love Midi!

+1 for midi! that would need power tho no?

@kreeg , I’m on the fence to order the Monolith but unlike many users, I usually keep the OP-1 on a laptop stand, especially when playing live. I wonder if the Monolith is OK to use like that, in midair, elevated, unsupported from below. Would it hold tight and keep the synth’s factory connectors still safe? I’m a little concerned that using the Monolith as I described would put even more stress on them. Thanks!

i really love the thought and design…. just curious why the left hand side of the case has what seems like so much extra wood for nothing? as in, it seems to be much wider than necessary between where the edge of the op-1 ends, and the outside of the case?

@jooga1972 I wouldn’t recommend it. The Monolith was designed to be used on a flat surface or inside the case.

@instantjuggler 2 reasons:
  1. Symmetry: When the Monolith adapter is connected to the OP-1 and placed inside the case there is an equal amount of space from each end of the synth to the outer edges of the case. We played with making that side smaller and it just didn’t work
  2. Stability: Because we’ve cut the case out from solid wood it is important to have a significant amount of wood on either end to keep the wood from moving/twisting when you mill out the pocket.

@kreeg - i hear you! thanks for the answer, makes sense!

Thanks @kreeg …i won’t hit the order button then … :slight_smile: