Petition TE for 6-axis access!

Why is this ignored by almost every OPZ owner I know?! I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but I was really looking forward to using the 6-axis and experimenting with some turning and flipping shenanigans. I would love to just be ignorant and someone chime in with a “Here’s the tutorial link you idiot…” but I’m pretty confident I’m going to get diddly crap. Did they just not want to deal with people shaking the knobs out?

You can use it with lfo. Purple led on red dial

1 Like

You don’t know how happy you just made me. Thank you! So that sums it up though, 6-axis is limited to LFO and flipping on the mic? I would love to be able to assign drum triggers on opposing zones so that a left/right shake would activate closed hihat/open hihat or just a shaker so I could get my shake on. Or setting pan, volume or whatever by using OPZ like a steering wheel ala Mario Kart Wii, quick and fun!

But the lfo can control pretty much anything? What’s the difference? Obviously your not gonna beable to control triggers of notes… C’mon man…

But why not? It’s an accelerometer right, it just needs to be told which thresholds to operate in and what to do when those thresholds are met. It should be able to measure sudden lateral acceleration and deacceleration. Setting to trigger at peak G seems pretty doable it’s just then differentiating where it does that in X,Y,Z.

Because then is not music… Just shaking…
But I guess you could if you want just put notes in every step and then use the lfo to control amplitude… then it will cut the sound and not depending on how you shake it…
You can go to town already sissy…

Shaking isn’t music but sure can make it! Playing OPZ like maracas seems like fun to me, only really applicable in a live/performance, don’t necessarily want it for programming. Along the same lines as the pitch bend. Namby-pamby.

Tell that to anyone playing a tambourine or using a shaker…

It could easily be used to gate a percussive hit or hats.

Ooh, I really like this approach! Thank you for reminding me the power of gates. I’ve had the thing for all of four-ish days and feel like I dived into the infinite end of the swimming pool. The possibilities really only seem limited to creativity.