Pitch bend button becomes insensitive

Hi everyone!
Did anyone facing the problem with pitch bend ribbon button? At some moment it becomes so hard to make it work so I’m afraid to bend the unit with my arms earlier than it’ll bend by itself:))

Tried to clean the space between ribbon button and the sensor, didn’t help:(

Yup, same here. Mine works better „down“ than „up“ and I have to press really hard either way.
I have the feeling it’s a bit different each time I use my OP-Z but it’s never really satisfying :confused:

Same here too. One direction is a little hard to use, the other direction is impossible, doesn’t ‘bend’ at all. I don’t really miss it since you can’t record pitch bend signals, and I sequence just about everything.

The only problem for me that now I can’t control note velocity with this button:(

Does anyone has an idea on how to fix it and is possible at all?

I believe petite have said deoxit had worked for them for the buttons, I wouldn’t use a lot.

There are replacement pitchbend buttons and circuit board on iFixit, with teardown. But tbh the superior control method is with a midi keyboard lol. Really makes you realize how under implemented it is on the Z. A real shame it can’t be sequenced or mixed.

My op-z pitch bend is completely dead. It seems that the pitch-bend parts have to be ordered directly from TE.

It seems they only have the rubber button as far as pitch bend parts. Good luck to all y’all that are having problems 🫥 Deoxit is always worth a shot! :sweat_smile:

I already tried D5 for the pitch bend, it doesn’t help (while it does for eliminating double trigs) :confused:

I just mailed the support :+1:t2: Will keep you updated on how easy/hard it was to get the spare part :sweat_smile:

I’m looking forward your updates!

1 Like

That was fast: TE support just sent me a link to a pre-filled shopping cart containing the spare part I asked for. The „pitch bend + microphone“ flex cable is 20€. To me this is a fair price, my warranty is long gone. I just ordered two in case I’ll need another one in the future…
Will keep you updated on the repair itself.

1 Like

That’s good to hear. Is it from them or from ifixit?

It comes from TE directly, was like buying a product from their usual shop. It’s probably some hidden product only they can add to your cart.

1 Like