Please help...my OP1 wont switch on!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, I was finalising my entry into the latest battle last night (finally I had something worth submitting!), at the pub, and my OP-1 suddenly lost power, and won’t switch on… Tried to charge, but no LEDs… Switched on or off, I’m getting nothing… I’m going to try a different cable (using the factory cable at the moment)…

I’m kinda freaking out :’(

Tried charging from Macbook, and from an iPhone wall charger…

Hey dudes… Got another cable from the studio today…

S H E L I V E S!

so happy

Hey dudes... Got another cable from the studio today...

S H E L I V E S!

so happy

Damn bro same shit with me…so nerve wrecking!!!

Hey dudes... Got another cable from the studio today...

S H E L I V E S!

so happy

Damn bro same shit with me…so nerve wrecking!!!

I was sweating at all the next day until I got to another cable after work. So happy though

Can I use my Samsung charger ? TE forgot to send mine back and you guys know how long they can be to get back to you. Or do I need to use a iPhone charger? And can I use the cable to transfer files on my computer or just to charge it?

@curdledgurled said:
Can I use my Samsung charger ? TE forgot to send mine back and you guys know how long they can be to get back to you. Or do I need to use a iPhone charger? And can I use the cable to transfer files on my computer or just to charge it?

I’ve used all kinds of cables & chargers, but I have no idea if that is approved of or not. It’s a dangerous game, but thuglife

Well, USB is a standard, that is why different cables and chargers work. The problem is with cheap (chinese?) low quality stuff…

By the way, the OP-1 hardware is rather old, it seems to use USB 1 and is not capable of drawing more than 500mA.

The OP-1 (or anything else) is only going to draw as many amps as it needs. You just need to pay attention to the Voltage of your charger.

Most USB stuff is gonna be 5V but I’d look before plugging something new into your OP-1. Fewer than 5V, probably not an issue (just might not charge properly), more than 5V though and you’re definitely in danger of smoking something.

So, to revive an old thread, My OP-1 is displaying very similar symptoms to the original post. I saw were some people said

Sometimes a long charge over 8 hours can fix this, worth a try.

When the battery is completely drained, the OP-1 doesn’t do anything at first. Let it charge for a couple of hours, it should come back to life.

My question is when charging for these marathon durations, should the OP-1 be on or off, or does it not matter? I’ve seen instances where some people say to drain the battery completely and while leaving it on charge, and others seem to imply that it being on doesn’t matter. Thanks for any help!