PO-12 best companion

Hi,

I read a lot of threads specially the Ranking Pocket Operators but I trying to find the best match for the PO-12. I just want to buy ONE more item to play with.

It could be PO-16, PO-20 or PO-28. These are that I like mostly.

Other choices will be Korg Volcas…

Any tips or ideas?

Cheers

PO-14 IMHO, cause nothing beats a beat with a good bass line. Also you can use the PO-12 for lead-ish sounds on top of that.

Another vote for the PO-14 and the ROBOT , which is my favourite, you can easily draw some basslines and play over it.

Thanks for the tis crudeoperator and jazzmess!

I do like the huge bass the PO-14 can provide. I will look into it.

PO-14 IMHO, cause nothing beats a beat with a good bass line. Also you can use the PO-12 for lead-ish sounds on top of that.

Another vote for the PO-14 and the ROBOT , which is my favourite, you can easily draw some basslines and play over it.

I agree that a good synth bass is pretty cool with PO-12.

I am personally not very fond of PO-14, I’d prefer Volca Bass for this.

First, you can then synchronize your PO-12 easily with other gear through the Volca MIDI in → Volca Sync out.
Secndly, Volca series can be controled e.g. by Digitakt, which gives it a second life, if one day you’re into upgrading your gear.
Thirdly it does sound pretty good, and is pretty quick to learn. Octave button while recording notes does wonders :smiley:
And you can find it second hand quite cheap.
:slight_smile:

Hi, the idea of using a Volca to sync is great but I am seeing some YouTube videos from Volca Bass and PO-14 and it looks the PO has a more deep bass then Volca Bass.

It is my impression or for someone that have both could confirm?

Thanks

I agree that a good synth bass is pretty cool with PO-12.
I am personally not very fond of PO-14, I'd prefer Volca Bass for this.

First, you can then synchronize your PO-12 easily with other gear through the Volca MIDI in -> Volca Sync out.
Secndly, Volca series can be controled e.g. by Digitakt, which gives it a second life, if one day you're into upgrading your gear.
Thirdly it does sound pretty good, and is pretty quick to learn. Octave button while recording notes does wonders :D
And you can find it second hand quite cheap.
:)

I would say you are correct about the Volca bass being more specific and the PO-14 have more varied basses.
The Volcas are accessible though, with nice and easy sequencers and controls.
My favorite Volca synth is the Volca FM. Tones of variation ,not just bass. Nice controls and a lovely arp.

Of course, you’re right : Volca FM is ace !

I played with @quarantequatre last weekend, got pretty chords out of it !

Yeah!

I played with @quarantequatre last weekend, got pretty chords out of it !

I was talking about the Volca FM, obviously :smiley:

Pretty cool weekend :smiley:

Lol you meant we haven’t made good tunes ?
I have attached a picture on my previous post but it seems it doesn’t work from my phone :confused:

I use the PO-12 as a drum computer to accompany the Korg Monologue. But that one’s far more expensive than a PO or a Volca. If it was me I’d first buy a Synth and then maybe a bass. By the way, on the PO-12 there’s the “almost” bass on number 16 (use w/ motion recording to create a bass line).

Not my vid, but it does make me want a Volca FM to play with my po12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2pZnENjbqA

Almost all “Mini jam mondays” vids on YT contain the PO-12. See for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1L1a581Lbk