PO-12 in sleep mode

Hello,

Can someone post a picture of their PO-12 in sleep mode? Mine doesn’t seem to ever turn off.

all lights turn off the display is “active”(on but not moving)

What dimi said. I noticed my sub takes longer than factory to go into sleep but could be because it’s in slave sync mode.

yeah I think in some sync settings it has never slept because glitchiness it what I am testing. but I must say my first batteries are still in after all this time and going strong. sooo I don’t mind.

Sub as sync slave (SY4) with master cable connected didn’t go to sleep in like 10 minutes. Pressed some buttons, disconnected master cable and it went to sleep in 3-4 minutes. Will have to confirm next time I use it, I wasn’t paying much attention at first.

I confirm : when the sync jack is plugged, the PO doesn’t sleep.

1 Like

@dimi3

Do you know what setting you put it on to make it sleep? I can’t seem to get mine to sleep either (not plugged in either).

@minorremedy the PO is sleeping when no LED is bright.

But the screen stays powered once in a while to update the clock.
Plus it still displays the working men and other Nintendo-like thingies.

Lesson I learned from guitar pedals long ago: if not connected to a power supply, unplug unplug unplug or they will slowly drain! I noticed the POs seemed to follow this pattern early on, and always unplug when I’m done with a sync’d session. Then they seem pretty quick about sleeping.

@dimi3

Do you know what setting you put it on to make it sleep? I can’t seem to get mine to sleep either (not plugged in either).

i just unplug it from everything and let it sit… might not be a happy choice for a set up but I usually play it a a jamming device

^ I think TE has chosen to inhibit sleep mode when a plug is connected to line in, even if the sequencer is stopped, just because the PO may be chained to other equipment and acting as a pass-through.

Did you guys read the manual? It says in there that the PO doesn’t shut off completely. The LCD stays on until the batteries drain…

@oponeuser Right, the display is alwys on, but it drastically reduces battery drain after 5 minutes of inactivity, if line in is disconected.

@oponeuser Right, the display is alwys on, but it drastically reduces battery drain after 5 minutes of inactivity, if line in is disconected.

Another design flaw. We shouldn’t have to remove cables or batteries just to prevent battery drain. It’s a fail no matter how much you defend it.

^ Ah, I was not defending it, just stating a fact… :slight_smile:

I’ve had these things for weeks and I’m still rocking 99% battery life