PO-12 Rhythm / PO-14 Sub / PO-16 Factory revealed

So… is the pitch bend still a feature?

The parameter lock is gonna be fun, I wish the OP1 had that LOL

@sneakyness I have been wanting something like a sketch lfo, i.e. parameter sequencer

So... is the pitch bend still a feature?

I see two copper pads, one on either side of the PO where the ends of the spring stands touch. Could be some sort of capacitive touch for live manipulation of sound.

https://soundcloud.com/one/po-12-0150-3-clean?in=one/sets/datafunk-experiments

sound preview from TE

I’m at NAMM. Oh… Rotation lock seems funky… Oh well, tilt your head :wink:

I'm at NAMM. Oh.. Rotation lock seems funky.. Oh well, tilt your head ;)

well I hope TE will leave some in the US to cut down on shipping costs for US customers…

…provided they don’t sell out! :open_mouth:

Awesome pic! Even the big shipping boxes look cool! Any inside scoop on when the new TE store will be live? Im wondering if sleeping tonight is a bad idea?

Before all the videos and reviews I sort of mentally prepared myself to
buy PO-12, especially if TE also released an OS update for OP-1 and found the way
to connect both devices. But… I’m in the same boat as mrclean and piotr. There are three of them, they are very niche, and I do not see some kind of killer feature that would win me over yet. And I feel like a snob for saying this, but the sounds are too blip-bloop-weird. Hm, come to think of it, it would be very cool if these woul sound like Gameboy (sticking with Nintendo theme).

That said, I have never been apt to buy Volkas, Micro-ganniees or similar devices. So I might simply not be the target audience. I feel that despite relatively low price points theese are targeted towards people with a large studio whoc can afford to buy niche stuff in addition to more generic gear.

What are our moders thinking software wise? Would it be as open as Korg’s Volcas?

Aesthetically, I think the POs would be pretty fun projects to mod - maybe iinto something resembling a micro Op-1 of some sort. Ahhhdorrbss!

I’m sure these will make tons of money for TE, like the Monotrons did for Korg. Korg already took my money and studio real estate with all their “affordable” gear(I have quite a collection, lol). So it’s safe to say my wallet will be shut for these cool devices. Maybe if they added a backlight to the screen, I’d probably buy one. That was a great power move to actually add a screen to these things though.

Would be interesting to see someone make a desktop case that holds all three together and connected inside… still…not really thinking that they are for me anyway.

So… does anyone know where/when/how to buy one? TE’s site seems to be down (maybe it’ll be up tomorrow?) http://www.teenageengineering.com/

Thanks for giving us a behind the scenes peep, brother Operator! Do you think it’s likely that all the POs will sell out by the end of tomorrow? Or is there enough inventory (wishful thinking)? I ask because I’m planning to go to NAMM on Friday or Saturday. Maybe I should just skip my classes and just go tomorrow now…

So… does anyone know where/when/how to buy one? TE’s site seems to be down (maybe it’ll be up tomorrow?) http://www.teenageengineering.com/

I’m just in constant refresh mode. There is a “countdown clock” on the NAMM page, I kind of think they’ll drop it when NAMM officially starts.

@dimi3 that sound preview was on point. nice sounds.

Waaaaaay better than the Demo Vids.

Yeah that filter sounds good. Need these effects in the OP-1.

since they have audio IO can the be used as fx units also? I bet they release more of these in future. ie like op1 gets new synths each update, instead of adding new features yo these bad boys, they’ll just release more them. Just like game and watch! :slight_smile:

@Raigan TE site down! so refresh to buy not working… :STE

Colette.fr has them online: http://www.colette.fr/catalogsearch/result/?q=teenage+engineering